BeNeLux (Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg) Air Forces Techtree

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Btw this is not rlly true

So, BeNeLux is finally here :D

No sign of Mirage 5BA MirSIP yet, though… :(

Yea, was rlly hoping for an R.36 or a Fox personally, hope it’ll come later

A small addition for the Dutch fighter line:

Curtiss H75A7 Hawk
Curtiss H75A7 Hawk

Curtiss P40 Warhawk
Curtiss P40 Warhawk

1 Like

In my opinion the Fokker D.XXI could have been an easy addition for this update, since it’s allready in the game. That would’ve made a lot of Dutch players happy.

3 Likes

Two suggestions for the naval line:

Lockheed Harpoon (aka Lockheed Ventura)
Lockheed Harpoon

Grumman TBM Avenger
Grumman TBM Avenger

3 Likes

The BeNeLux Air Forces are being added to War Thunder with the update “Seek & Destroy”. This is a perfect time for us, the Fan-Made BeNeLux Project team, to reach out and give our opinions regarding the way this is done by Gaijin.

I have already done this on this forum with the use of this post:

But for those who prefer video content more, I’ve also made a video with @OldDeadMan where we go over the BeNeLux aircraft added in the “Seek & Destroy” update.

4 Likes

I generally agree what was being said by you and the host in the video. However as an addendum some things were left out regarding the Belgian planes that are currently on the dev server:

The 5BA is indeed a ‘unique’ model for the game: Raport II system, no CCRP/CCIP, countermeasures under the engine exhaust… But the most important things were talked about already (bombs and missiles).
Then for the two F-16’s the only things of mention would have been that SABCA built them and the the AM was modified with French RWR, the Magic II options for the first F-16 were mentioned, so that’s great.
These are however only minor things.

But yeah, such a waste of a possible independent tech tree, but I agree with the thought that BeNeLux was added for the ground and naval stuff especially (Belgium had a decent large armoured vehicles and arms industry, nowadays seen with JCD (John Cockerill Defence) and the many Dutch vehicles where modified foreign equipment was used.

3 Likes

Thanks for the extra info!

Whenever I look at the work put in this suggested techtree I’m a bit disappointed by Benelux being a subtree. It does have the same potential as Sweden imo, but with different accents.
If a copypaste techtree was a worry I’m not sure how this subtree made things better. I really hope they pick up the pace and add more unique vehicles.

However I had the same feeling with Hungary which could have been part of a larger and well developed Eastern Europe techtree with countries like Poland, Yugoslavia, Romania Ukraine and Bulgary. All of which have interesting unique vehicles.

It feels a bit cheap the way subtrees are done right now.

2 Likes

Gaijin is definitely walking the line, trying to add the minimal amount of unique vehicles per tech tree or subtree. At least that’s how it feels like to me.

5 Likes

Exterminatus Explosion GIF - Exterminatus Explosion Overkill - Discover & Share GIFs

5 Likes

I need my T-72/T-80 upgrades like the PT-91 Twardy, T-84 Oplot, M-95 Degman and M-84AS1.
And they could throw some Czechoslovakian stuff in there as well. Just imagine how cool that tree would be.

At least for launch, but i am confident they’re keeping some hype for later and will add unique vehicles down the line

3 Likes

I noticed some of the added Dutch planes have optional Belgian camouflage. It would be nice if they added some Dutch skins for the Gloster Meteor, F104 and F16 as well. Or do you guys expect they will add Dutch variations on these planes?

3 Likes

Why haven’t we seen this in the latest patch?

Not surprising considering they couldn’t even be bothered with giving the Gladiator FN MGs rather than copy pasting it.

5 Likes

Lol, didn’t know that.
Expecting a Dutch D.XXI soon. Should be fairly easy.

3 Likes

For real, coming back to this.
They gave the 16A 6x 9M’s and moved to 12.3…why not 6x Magic 2’s and left at 12.0.
I mean, even if they did that AND moved to 12.3, it would be way cooler.

If you’re giving Belgium 2 F-16’s and none to the Dutch then the least they could do is make them extra cool…

2 Likes