Bases in ARB

Gaijin needs to add more bases to be destroyed in air mode, it is impossible to research the tree without being able to earn points.

Then just don’t bomb bases and fight players instead?

2 Likes

Loads of targets in PvE too. Bad earnings but better than flying to a non-target?

WHAT A GOOD IDEA TO DOGFIGHT WITH A LOL BOMBARDIER, lol.

Which plane are you referring to?

Or just play the game as it was meant to be, and go do some PvPing, shooting down enemy aircraft.

There have been bombers in the game since before it was War Thunder so check your narcissism.

Survival (time played and winning the match) is more useful in grinding than base bombing. Bases either respawn after a time or you have the airfield to target.
Side climbing and reading the “defense” (random scattering of the enemy team) is key. Getting a second sortie in is always nice but that depends on how well own team wins the air superiority game.
They probably won’t increase the number of bases since that means re-writing the missions, but hopefully they will shorten respawn.

Buying three premium planes without any clue about AirRB and now trying to change the game…amazing attitude.

2 Likes

For what BR range? What aircraft you using? Bombers? Jets? Need more details.

2 Likes

sure just dogfight in a lancaster why not lmfao

Premium supersonic interceptorsthat truck bases sure haven’t.

1 Like

More bases unfortunately wont change the situation much, faster aircraft will just get more score, and the slower aircraft still wont get any. Alternative ideas that may work though:

• Bomber/Strike aircraft only bases (bases invisible to the fighters)
  • Heavy bases (1-2 bases per map that take a LOT of bombs to kill)
  • Add modular Airfields to ARB so that AFs become a bombing target
  • Reduce base respawn time from 5 minutes to a more reasonable timeframe for most ARB matches, maybe 2-3 minutes

But really, what is needed is a decent PvPvE gamemode. Sim does already exist, and most bomber/strikers go from rather DOA in ARB to very capable and useful aircraft in ASB. But I understand that sim may not be for everyone and so we need an RB EC gamemode. Something PvPvE but for the RB community. ARB is simply better suited for short, fast melees.

You jest. but I do recall helping a teammate who was dogfighting something (i dont recall what, might have been a heavy fighter of some description) whilst I was in a lincoln. Only landed a few hits before my teammate got the kill, but those heavy bombers are surprisingly nimble when not loaded down with bombs :P

1 Like

Mate not everyone plays fighters. Bombers and ground support also exist. Read cause the context is in his message.

1 Like

some of the most fun you can have in ARB is taking out the Canberra mk6 because you can take out a base and catch the other jet bombers out because you have underslung Hispano canons, you can also out turn a lot of the fighters at the BR, although your wings can tear themselves off when you go too hard

I never played it that much, but I have seen clips of it on YT. Watching fighters get destroyed by Canberra is just hilarious (I need to take the Canberra out in SIm at some point… hmmm)

1 Like

its so unsuspecting to most fighters for such a big plane to outturn and rip it apart that it does bring an evil laugh out of you

Yep. And it has a decent amount of ammo too. Can quite happily go hunting for a while

1 Like

Checking his profile, his most played aircraft are the A-10, F-4S and F-5C. Not a single strategic bomber or interdictor.

I was very correct in my presumption it turns out.

1 Like