BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

Just give us a HUD, any HUD with working horizon/attitude display and working velocity vector…

sobs uncontrollably

3 Likes

Why not use CCRP? No need to see the reticle if you bomb automatically…

Haven’t tried doing that yet.
Not entirely sure how in SB.

need to set “target point” stuff in binds… since I pretty much only use CCIP i couldnt really help you: best way to describe it is

• set target point
  • select relevant weapons with wpn selection
  • release authority
  • fly over
  • profit

Please stay on topic, this isn’t a thread for asking random questions. Take it to the Off topic thread…

Heres a guide for CCRP:

Being the Harrier Gr3 HUD. The SHAR has one of the better HUDs for it. So a good platform to learn in. Aircraft like the Buc and Tornado get a little more fiddly.

Though I really hope we get the actual HUD this update, if we do get the FA2:

1 Like

Thoughts?

Spoiler

XZ440 - Royal Navy British Aerospace Sea Harrier FA.2 at Culdrose | Photo ID 968760 | Airplane-Pictures.net

Its an interesting one, captive training round inboard. Is this from a museum?

I remembered seeing it a few months ago, looked into it and it’s stationed at Culdrose I think, some kind of maintenance training example or something? There’s more details about the photo in the link if you want to go down a rabbit hole for it

I suspect, its likely they don’t have the outboards for it and have just moved the wiring to they can mount it inboard. Yeah I’m going with this, given the photo is 2017 long after the Shar retirement.

We could always get in touch with them and ask, I’m sure that’ll go well :P

Have contacted Culdrose in the past, they weren’t particularly helpful.

Would these change anything? Had inboard + outboard pylons in 2005, with a photo of just inboard with a missile in 2010? Different Harrier too (just doing some quick-ish google searches)

Spoiler

Aviation photographs of Registration: ZD579 : ABPic

Still doesn’t confirm the wiring is still present for the outboard pylons. My FA.2 manual has nothing but fuel and dumb weapons on those pylons.

1 Like

Is Sea Eagle classed as a dumb weapon? Thought that was inboard as well

Sea Eagle isn’t even in the manual at all as a suspended weapon. Bear in mind the FAA was already running out of Sea Eagles when the FA.2 entered service.

There are the odd mentions here and there.

This section covers why;

2 Likes

Interesting, Thank you

Is there any chance that that wiring is what was used for the harriers I sent, or would it not be possible to alter like that?

I couldn’t say if the Sea Eagle wiring is usable for sidewinder, I have my doubts.

Sea Eagle trials were done with FA.2 by 899 NAS at least. Some photos from 1994
53637397153_6cc15e7898_c

7 Likes