BAe Harrier II (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Wouldn’t have any sort of impact in-game unless EW was added in which case you’d probably be able to detect a missile’s datalink signal earlier than without.

I would’ve theorised it, but I’m saying that with absolutely no evidence that it ever happened. Probably not knowing how the MOD and RAF work internally.

At least, I’ve never seen any evidence for it. If I remember I stated that it “could in theory, but would have x, y and z drawbacks, and need a, b and c modifications”

So apologies if my comments were misleading

I feel like the purpose of this was to illustrate planned capabilities of McDonnell/BAe’s concept for ASTOVL/JAST shown on the placard, rather than Harrier itself. JAST was started in 1993 when that photo was taken.
md_astovl_01
ASTOVL/JAST was the initiative that eventually led to the JSF/JCA program and F-35

3 Likes

It explains a lot, was trying to figure out what the hell was that picture on the poster haha

Someone start getting a bug report ready for missing GPS guided bombs

I suspect they’ll get denied for a bit since the UK’s bombs were dual-mode

Didnt they only use GPS guided in Afghanistan? I recall from Harrier: How to be a fighter pilot, the difficulty they had at taking out moving targets and had to hit the point where the jeep would be and not just drop onto the target

No Paveway 4 or enhanced Paveways this update it would seem. Just JDAM which we didn’t use.

2 Likes

Yeah… Such a shame. was hoping for them for ages. Guess its going to be like Napalm.

Did anyone test out laser guided bomb in dev ?
It is still broken like it is now?

wdym?

The range of paveway that what i mean now it seem it can’t see the laser from long range even miss stationary target just wondering they fix on dev server?

Does not seem to be changed.

Well damn paveway it supposed to be more accurate than JDAM and it still can’t hit anything that laser point at

That’s because it can’t, Paveway has ~3.6km range on the bomb’s seeker

Do we have a source for that?

Well currently they have 3.657km range in-game, as per the guided weaponry sheet. It looks like it was changed in/around Air Superiority but I didn’t see it included in the changelog, and it looked to be an almost universal change to laser GBUs

Yes, that is true. I thought you might have a IRL source for that.

well that’s why I was trying to find the changelog, sometimes they’ll list the source they based the change on or link to a bug report

any news from the devs on the Harrier ii getting more weapons that it had since this post was made Gunjob?

1 Like