BAe Harrier II (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

It’s in the GR.7 manual.

Awesome, thank you both. Any chance of that upgrade? Seems silly that the Gr7 is at 11.7 with gen 1. When everything else has gen 2 at that BR

quick question, does the Harrier GR.7 have a datalink capability?

for what its IR missiles

I dont think so

situational awarnes of friendlies and enemys in the airspace (I mean AWACS Datalink not plane to missle)

ah ok no clue then

Probably. At least I wouldn’t be surprised if it did

On a somehow related topic to this does anyone know if the PSVR headset is compatible with PC?

no psvr is not maybe their is a mod but i doubt it

maybe gunjob can squeze something from the manuals

Yeah, that would be by far the best source

1 Like

Link 16 was to be added in GR.9’s TIEC:
https://www.baesystems.com/en/article/bae-systems-increases-capability-of-uk-harriers

1 Like

Not seen anything in the manuals. Wikipedia makes it sound like datalink was a planned feature for the GR.9:

In February 2007, handling trials of the MBDA Brimstone (missile) began,[35] however the Brimstone would remain uncleared for deployment on the GR9 by the type’s early retirement.[37] The Sniper targeting pod replaced the less accurate TIALD in 2007, under an Urgent Operational Requirement (UOR) for Afghanistan.[35][N 5] Capability E would have included a Link 16 communications link

4 Likes

Hi. Finded this issue on the Harrier GR7:

Harrier GR7 - Wrong AG Count HUD // Gaijin.net // Issues

Oh that thing! Well i forgot about it

Well, the Italian AV8B+ seem to have the same issue, however on the GR7 it happens only if you carry one gunpod. Doesn’t seem to happen on other Harriers.

Have you tried using one gunpod then the other?

Hi,

Changing the gunpod betwen left and right one does not solve the issue, it seems that as long as only one gunpod is used on the plane it displays the wrong values for the rounds, while if you carry both gunpods it displays the correct one.

Interesting. I wonder if it’s an actual addition with how they counted the ammo. But we know it’s just n+1.