BAe Harrier II (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Doesn’t seem so, if you carry both guns, you get the total count of 200 rounds. Following that logic, you should get 198 rounds tho. However don’t quote me on that, hopefully a mods comes, takes a look at the report and eventualy clarifies!

Ok this is a bit confusing, why have you listed the GR.7 to have the AIM-9G and it isn’t in the game. Aren’t you guys employees of Gaijin? @Gunjob

Because it could use them properly

? wdym, I’m asking why the GR.7 doesnt get AIM-9Gs in the game while being listed by a gaijin employee

These threads list what the aircraft could have in real life. The selection of missiles an aircraft is given in game is largely a balancing decision based on what they used in real life. The GR.7 doesn’t have AIM-9Gs in game because the developers have decided it’s better to give it AIM-9L and AIM-9M as the stock grind with AIM-9Gs would be too unpleasant.

There are plenty of examples of this, for instance the F-15A doesn’t have AIm-9Es, and the German / Italian Tornadoes don’t have AIM-9Bs.

Also tech mods are not employees, they are players who volunteer their time and get the odd reward for helping.

2 Likes

Ok so let me get this right. Modifications in the game are fictional modifications for game balance in a quote “realistic” game. I don’t get why I have to “research” a missile for a plane which uses it since day 1 of it’s service? Not generalising to the AIM-9G on the GR Mk.7.

Its a game mate
The Gripen you got grind missiles the SAAF one never used

Which claims to be realistic

I’m not an employee, I’m a volunteer.

These “Technical data and discussion” threads are about the aircraft in real life, not just the aircraft as its represented in game.

Not fully

yeah because the IRIS-T or Rb99 aren’t in the game

Gotcha

Neither is AIM-9L(i)

1 Like

No.

In real life the harrier GR.7 could use:

• AIM-9G
  • AIM-9L
  • AIM-9M
  • ASRAAM (in testing)

Gaijin look at that list and narrow it down to:

• AIM-9G - Not good enough for it’s BR
  • AIM-9L - This works well as a stock missile
  • AIM-9M - This works well as an upgrade missile
  • ASRAAM - This would be crazy OP and game breaking so won’t be added (yet)

So out of that list the Harrier GR.7 get’s given AIM-9L and AIM-9M. It’s realistic because it used those missiles in real life. Gaijin just aren’t reflecting every single weapon the aircraft carried.

2 Likes

Updated the OP anyway. @Flame2512 found a doc in the National Archives that confirms the Harrier II’s SMS could handle 6x Sidewinder/ASRAAM. And the manuals confirm its possible with an adaptor.

7 Likes

:D gib

I could only wish Gaijin cared about realism…

Ok, here take the 1D gun repair time and 10h track repair, 4h plane rearm? Yes Sir!

Yes, I agree

All loadouts are a balance decision. Challenger DS should have L26, but it doesnt for balancing reasons. Jaguar and Phantoms could have Aim-9L, but again, balancing decision. Even the Sea Harrier FRS1 could have AIm-9M. But all loadouts vehicles do have are accurate/possible

Now. Could the Gr7 get Aim-9Gs, sure. But its already probably very hard to spade with 2x 9Ls. I couldnt imagine trying to do it with 9Gs. Additionally. You’d almost never use them when you have 9Ls and 9Ms to choose from. So 9Gs could just be a choice, but a potentially unnecessary one and the Gr7 already has missing loadout options which would be more helpful to get

3 Likes