BAe Harrier II (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

What is ment by that? Is it like the GR.7’s RWR isn’t very good or…?

No just that the RWR can ID a bunch of Russian anti air systems, but groups all airborne radars together into “PD” or “IPD” etc.

2 Likes

Does this sought of thing get fixed on the GR.9?

Don’t know haven’t been able to get the manuals.

ok :(. Let us know when you do, thanks

1 Like

The new AGM-65Es. Are they meant to have a 10km range?

Stat card says 23km, but for the life of me I cannot get them to fire further than 10km. It just doesnt let you.

Is this right or do I need to make a bug report?

2 Likes

It most likely should be larger, but you got hit with Gaijin max range.

1 Like

What is the longest effective range missile that we can have on a Harrier? (I mean also have it added to the game)

Assuming we dont get something like Storm Shadow. For now it would be Brimstone 1s with a range of about 20km and then Brimstone 2 which was more like 40-60km off the top of my head.

Known range of Storm Shadow? (GR.9 ones ofc)

I dont know if anyone actually knows. I think the exact range is classified. But I think high enough to be cross map in Sim quite easily. But would only be usable vs static targets mostly I think.

I mean average known or guessed up to this point.
Also, is the Storm Shadow used in the 2000s the same model as now?

Google says 250km

Wiki says 550km.

So somewhere between those 2 points is a reasonable guess

No idea

1 Like

Had the same problem when researching for a Sea Harrier FRS.2, one set of sources says “No Fox 1s, only Fox 3s” and another said “Fox 1s when entering service and Fox 3s when they came”

Assuming that what those sources were referring to was the Sea Harrier FRS1 phase 1 upgrades ahead of the Sea harrier FA2 then that would make sense.

Sea harrier FRS1 got the twin rails, upgraded RWR and Aim-9Ms as a stop gap for the Full Sea Harrier FA2 upgrade that got the AMRAAM and Blue Vixen radar. The main mode of combat intended for the FA2 was to use the AMRAAM.

If you are referring to the Harrier II airframe with a Blue Vixen. I’ve always heard that referred to as the Sea Harrier Mk3.

Yeah FRS.2 is just the FA.2 before its designation was updated to reflect its new role. There is no separate FRS.2 as an independent development.

As a reference;
Another one;

1 Like

Service Weapons;
Sea Harrier FA.2 → AIM-120B
Sea Harrier FA.2 → Sea Eagle (110km)
Harrier II GR.9 → AIM-9M
Harrier II GR.9 → Maverick G/F/J/JX

Test Weapons;
Harrier II GR.9 → Storm Shadow (~500km)
Harrier II GR.9 → ASRAAM (~25km+)

1 Like

Really that much range. wow

I take it Brimstone II was a post Harrier Gr9 retirement then?

Only trailed never made it to service, much like ASRAAM.

1 Like