B-29 and Tu-4 b.r

Most people don’t want to use it for air to air, but if you fly it correctly you can be pretty untouchable because of the speed. Boom and zoom from altitude is the bane of the game for using it in air to air situations and you want to always make sure to turn as little as possible because that will be your downfall.

Most players don’t understand/are unaware that every plane shouldn’t get in to a turn fight, and people interested in strikers like the Wyvern are in it for ground attack or bombing and don’t care much about employing fighter tactics in it. Experienced pilots in them are pretty easy to spot because they will usually dominate the skies even though it isn’t a good dogfighter.

1 Like

I know its absolutely deadly in a fighter role but i never see it used as such.
Myself and other guys in my squadron love to use it as such though :P

Classic toxic gamer behavior who thinks others are stupid and do stupid things in WT, just intellectual supremacy yours.

Well fine, you do you mate.
I personally enjoy shooting down bombers who choose to fly directly towards me time and time again.
Their problem, not mine nor is it the vehicles fault.
If that’s your choice, go for it, the only way is forward eh?
I just see many complaints about bombers, some are agreeable but some not.
I regularly see suicidal bomber usage or usage with little to no strategy or gameplan other than “point nose at red circle, maintain direct heading and press spacebar if i make it there”.

The issues or complaints that i see on this forum relating to bombers simply does not correlate to what i see every single game.

“bomber x is useless, bomber y cant survive”
Yet all i see is suicide into 10 or more players, match after match - maybe they should adjust their method.
If i choose to fly my p47 at ground level because i cant be bothered to climb and choose to fight yaks then get shotdown, i cant honestly blame the vehicle or it’s br - the issue was me.
You must be able to understand mate.

I concur, the air-spawn is the source of it’s power—particularly on some maps where the attacker spawn is significantly forward of the AF.

Much like the XP-50, you can disrupt the red team’s climb path in a way that gives your entire team an insurmountable altitude and energy advantage at the merge. Then it’s just a matter of time until you and your team pick them apart piece by piece.

I haven’t played the Wyvern in quite some time, but the last few times I did was almost exclusively as a fighter/interceptor using stealth rounds and I recall many 3+ kill, zero death games.

1 Like

I only wrote that heavy bombers are useless since there are no longer any airfields to destroy, and that destroying only enemy bases, if the attack planes don’t do it first, is of no use in determining the outcome of the game and is of little use. profitable, I didn’t complain about being killed.

Even if it had 0 impact on the tickets. Just making the airfield (or some other “heavy” target) always attackable would be incredible for ALL ground attack aircraft, including the heavy bombers. Nothing is worse than having a full bomb load, making it to where the bases should be but then finding nothing to actually drop on. This is in part why I swapped to mostly playing ASB

My initial statement was referring to you saying attackers kill the bases before you do.
You obviously know they will when the match starts and you see them, therefore anticipate it and get a nice position and stay safe until the bases respawn.
My other comments were not directly aimed at you, moreso the general playerbase who claim bombers are useless while at the same time doing everything in their power to make sure they get shot down before they even start to bomb.

So what do you do when you’re a bomber and all 4 bases get taken out?

Yeah thats not how this actually works. A fighter usually just climbs and kills you pretty easily.

1 Like

if you fly straight at a base yes.

wait until they respawn.
Dont get me wrong i love bombing airfields and hate how they removed it in majority of maps.
But if i see attackers are gonna kill the bases before me, i’m not gonna continue to fly at the bases and enemy team.

Though Contrail overhaul and maybe reduction in spotting range for heavy bombers wouldnt go amiss and im hoping a few will get a BR drop.

That is an idea.

1 Like

Of the hundreds of games played with the heavy bombers I have never been killed before I managed to drop all the bombs, staying alive at altitude waiting for the bases to regenerate is not as easy as you say, especially since they added the contrails condensation, which detect the presence of a bomber at least 15/20km away.

ok thats you, MANY do die before bombing.

I’m simply saying that what most people do (fly direct at a base into incoming team) is hardly the best approach imo although sometimes it is but still risky.
I mean i wouldnt fly directly into the enemy team even if i was a fighter.

But i agree, waiting for bases is bs - but sometimes you gotta.
Bring back airfields i say.

You will be outclimbed in the time it takes for the bases to respawn, though.

Yeah i get that, it is far from ideal but i see no other option if all bases have been taken out before you get there.
My solution is bring back airfield bombing.

Personally, the main issues for bombers (non-attack aircraft) is that they don’t get to the bases in time, they won’t be able to climb to altitude quick enough, and they are basically defenseless due to the game not having formations modeled. To fix all those issues, they’d have to:

1. Make base respawns quicker, or make bases only bomber targets, or bring back the airfields
  2. Make the starting altitude for the bombers much higher
  3. Increase the firepower of bomber MGs only, or implement formations

The airfield bombing would only really fix the first of the three major issues.

1 Like

Isn’t it already at 6.3?

I’ve been regularly playing the B-17E/E today, and killing everything that tries to trail me was easy, you you tied manual gunner mode?