AV-8B+ Petition

US have enough CAS options in GRB to not need AV8B+

1 Like

It could. The question is whether it’s worth putting it that high in ARB, with split BRs it can be good in GRB, without needing to be overly high in ARB.

I was thinking Tornado Gr4 and Harrier Gr9A would need ASRAAM to balance them as they’d be high with Brimstones, but now it could have 9Ms and Brimstones and be perfectly balanced for both modes

In love with the Italian version, it would make a great addition to the US tree under the A-7s.

2 Likes

10 GBUs, 2 AGM-65Gs, AIM-9Ms, 25mm… It’s a CAS player’s dream because nothing else in the game matches it

1 Like

Sniper-XR. 3+, lighter and less draggy than the LITENING-II.

I despise the LITENING-II

The problem is is that it has amazing weapon options but any fighters or SPAA can easily intercept it if they see it. But it definitely should come regardless. It would be a different story if it wasn’t in the game already and they had to make a new model for it.

It has the same capabilities as a fighter, having the ability to use both a 120A and 9M with a full a/g loadout.
Spaa can easily intercept it? Ever heard of standoff range? You have a high zoom tgp with AGM-65s, make use of them.

If you’re using the AGM-65s sure you can stay out of SPAA range, but the GBU’s you need to be much closer, something like the F-16C still needs to get closer to use them but you have the added benefit of being able to use your speed to help avoid SPAA.

The AV-8B for the US probably wouldn’t be used much over the F-16C but it still would be something new and add some diversity to top tier GRB lineups.

as a uk main, have it it’s a great plane

it’ll also be nice for you to have a top teir strike aircraft that isn’t either slow as a butterfly or just shit

1 Like

-My regards, AGM-88

Wait until you hear about it’s loadout xD

With the new changes to targeting points in the dev you can actually sling a GBU-12 from ~20-25km away

Of course, it doesn’t have the general characteristics of the F-16C and its air superiority capabilities, but it’s a situation much like the Su-25. Would your rather have an Su-25T with x10 GBUs / x6 GBUs and AGMs and ARH missiles, or a MiG-27K with 2 bombs and 2 AGMs

Damn I haven’t tried them in the Dev yet, is that for all GBU’s or is it just for specific aircraft?

Yeah, we need Gen 3+ sniper is just as bad

It isn’t a change to GBUs, but designators can now lock beyond 20km. Previously 20km was the hard limit to any tgp.

That’s a pretty good change actually, now we just need the render range increased so it can be used to its max capacity

1 Like

Render range was increased. Whenever in a TGP or cockpit similar the render range of any entity is increased by tenfold or so. This was a somewhat recent change from a few weeks or months ago.

1 Like

I haven’t noticed that, although I haven’t really played GRB CAS much recently. Pretty good changes then. Hopefully we see some better TGP’s in the future then with something like the AV-8B+ or NA

1 Like

Sure but hope Maverick on it doesn’t suck then it worth to look at meanwhile Britain can have GR9 with Brimstone

1 Like

Few vehicles are “needed”, the US made and operated it and should get it

1 Like

AV-8B has the AGM-187A

https://gagadget.com/en/469135-tp-link-has-announced-a-new-compact-travel-router-tl-wr1502x-with-wi-fi-6-3g4g-usb-modem-mode-and-mobile-hotspot-support/