Australian & New Zealand Aviation Sub Tree

You could add the Wellington Mk.1, Hudson, Ventura and Harpoon too, especially given that the Harpoon is currently paywalled behind a construction event from way back in the day. Also kiwi Sunderland Mk5s were more advanced then the Aussie equivalents soldering on until 1965.

For reserves you could use the kiwi Fairey IIIF and Gordon, Gloster Grebe, Vickers Vildebeest/Vincent. All very interesting types that would no doubt be a very popular option in a British tree over copy paste American stuff.

As for seaplanes you could put in the Walrus and Shorts Singapore.

That was in my suggestion about it. “I know it seems far fetched but it’s more realistic than the F-16AJ”. At the time Britain’s best jet was the FGR.2, and Japan’s best was the EJ Kai, why do they get a fake F-16 when New Zealand (GB) can’t get one we purchased?

Just a reminder in case you missed some of my earlier posts, I can’t actually add anything to the suggestion post as the op is at the forum character max limit.
How were NZ Sunderlands different?
I looked at the story of the NZ Harpoon, basically one arrived but was never flown and then the type was never used. So probably not a real option.

Something else I never mentioned is the possibility of having other premiums such as named aces or aerobatics teams etc. like other trees have. Caldwell’s P-40 would be interesting to see since he was the top scoring P-40 pilot of the entire war.

Hardware and avionics updates for post-war service. Basically a Neptune in Sunderland clothing.

1 Like

What nation would it be a sub tree of, hopefully Usa gets Australia and the UK gets New Zealand. Due to the fact that most latter Aussie aircraft are US designes.

You can vote and read discussion on that topic here:
https://forum.warthunder.com/t/how-would-you-implement-australia-in-war-thunder-with-poll/144692
USA will never get or need a sub tree in War Thunder. Someone screenshot this post in 2 years when they do get a sub tree and tell me how well it aged. lol

1 Like

Would love to see this in game, tbh it seems very long overdue. As an Aussie who is currently working through GB jets at 8.3-9.3 br getting clubbed by sabres, I want a go with the CAC sabre. Also the Mirage iii would be one I’d look forward to.

TBF germany also didn’t need a sub tree. I think The AU would go great because it is already just more modified US vehicles

24 UK vs 26 USA, in my suggestion, that’s excluding premiums and Australian and French originals. Include premiums and the ratio is about the same. Overall there are less USA vehicles here than other nations.

1 Like

+1. I think this would be perfect, otherwise it wouldn’t really be fair if other countries received the F-35 Lighting II and the Uk didn’t

UK has their own F-35Bs, at this point there are probably enough F-35 operators around the world to give one to every tech tree if they needed to. (Except Russia/China)

Most likely, Russia would either get the Su-75 Checkmate (The knock-off of the F-35) or the Su-57

Aaaah I forgot to include the CA-27 Mk.30 Blue Jay missile/Firestreak testbed as a premium or perhaps even squadron vehicle. Add that to the New Zealand Venom and MB-339 I forgot to add and kinda can’t now because of the character limit.

1 Like

Please disregard
Fire streaks have been completely unusable since the seek and destroy update, If it was a nerf it’s probably not worth adding this.

However if it’s a bug and it gets fixed and firestreaks are usable again this would definitely be a fun sabre to fly.

Edit: I misread firestreak as fireflash, disregard this whole message

I have decided on a way I can add to this tech tree without exceeding the character limit. I will be reposting some sections from the OP as replies in this thread, then leaving a link to that post in the op rather than the complete section.
So stay tuned, I will be able to add the Venom, MB-339, Blue Jay Sabre and maybe even some other premium suggestions like “Caldwell’s P-40”. When time permits. Maybe this weekend, we’ll see.

1 Like

Maybe these could be added to your list?

Possible new Aussie additions
AAC A10 Wamira - (CA-34 Project canceled not long after completion)
BAE Systems Hawk 127, 1997
CAC CA-6 Wackett, 1939
CAC CA-23 Prototype, 1955 (Mach 1.5+ Jet fighter)
CAC CA-30 Macchi MB-326H
CAC CA-31 Prototype, 1967 (Mach 1.5+ Jet trainer, 4 wing + 2 fuselage hardpoints)
Cessna C-180D Skywagon (O-1 Bird Dog Vietnam, 4 x 2.75in rockets)
Lockheed AP-3C Orion, 2002 (armament = AGM-84, Mark 46, MU90, mines etc.)

New Zealand Air Force
Aermacchi MB-339CB
McDonnell Douglas A-4K Skyhawk
PAC CT/4 Airtrainter - (F Variant has underwing hardpoints)
Supermarine Walrus Mk. I, 1935

Hi, check this post I will soon be linking to in the original post for some of those planes.

However, in short:
Wamira is unarmed
I have a Hawk 127 in the tree, what’s different on the 1997 version of it? I may be able to add it.
The Wackett is unarmed
CA-23 is a paper plane, no prototype built and not allowed by suggestions rules
CA-30/MB-326H only has 2x7mm and tiny practice bombs, it didn’t seem suitable
CA-31 is a paper plane, mockup built but not a prototype and not allowed by suggestions rules
Cessna C-180 seems a little underpowered for the game, at most it would be an OP-2 type meme
Lockheed AP-3C Orion has entirely ship an submarine focused weapons, I’m not sure it could work outside of naval battles

I already plan to add New Zealand’s MB-339 as per above posts when I get time
There is already an A-4K in the tree, including an earlier iteration in between the RAN A-4G and the RNZAF A-4K Kahu seems a little redundant
PAC CT/4E or F might be something if armed, I will have to check in to it. Does generally seem like it’d need to be a heavily modern plane fighting early WW2 BRs though
The Walrus, don’t know, it’s pretty bad and the tree already covers early bomber BRs with better options. I will continue to leave it out for now.

Thanks for replying, sorry about the duplicates

PAC CT-4 E/F and AAC A10 Wamira are two sides of the same coin, propellor trainers with hardpoints. I believe their replacements were Platius’s. The Palitus PC-21 is in service by both Australia and New Zealand, they have hardpoints I’m unsure if they’ve been used in combat scenarios?

The Cessna is just a funny laugh, there are 2 versions the USA variant and the Aussie variant, slow aircraft with 4 x 2.75in rockets attached for Vietnam.

The CAC CA-23 Prototype, is not a paper plane it had progressed past that point, it had even finished wind tunnel testing, the first aircraft was being constructed, it was a 2-seater trainer variant until it got canceled part way through assembly, the remainder of the project, was probably mothballed and put into storage or worse destroyed. But yes unfinished sadly.

The Walrus Mk.I is already in war thunder in the UK tree, as a gift plane maybe it can be modified and put under New Zealand.

CA-30/MB-326H has quite a collection of useable armaments, the armaments list below has been taken direct from wikipedia:

• Guns: (optional) 2x 7.7 mm (0.303 in) machine-guns in the forward fuselage / various pylon-mounted gun pods
  • Hardpoints: 6 with a capacity of Up to 4,000 lb (1,800 kg) total
  • Rockets: (optional) 4x 6 kg (13 lb) or 7.5 kg (17 lb) rockets /various pylon-mounted rocket pods
  • Missiles: (optional) 2x Nord AS.12 missiles
  • Bombs: (optional) 4x 15 kg (33 lb) or 45 kg (99 lb)

Transavia PL-12 MIL (M-300) Airtruk
A weird vehicle manufactured in Australia as an air ambulance, reconnaissance, light attack and counter insurgency aircraft. I believe they only developed one military spec version, armament unknown… bombs maybe?

Kind regards

1 Like

PAC CT/4 Airtrainter - (F Variant has underwing hardpoints)

The issue is not that they were unarmed, the issue is that the CT/4 in both RNZAF & RAAF were never armed to begin with since they were used exclusively used as basic trainers (in the form of the A, B & C variants). The variants that can be armed are all sold for export mainly to Thailand

in regards to COIN aircraft i’m genuinely surprised that you didn’t mentioned the GAF Nomad which can not only mount secondary ordinances but the Australians did operate them in combat roles mostly in the form of Maritime Patrol and general utility roles roles

I did look at GAF aircraft couldn’t find anything mentioning ordanance