Anti-Tank Landmines

People who voted for this are masochists

4 Likes

No, I don’t think light tanks need another buff. I would much rather see vehicles with build-in mine layers/launchers like the EBG
amx30_ebg_021

1 Like

I can’t see a reason to create more frustration in a failing game either. Another issue out of the players control.Like asking for realistic vehicle breakdown physics to be introduced.

1 Like

I didn’t say Light tanks, I said Troop carrying Vehicles like IFV’s. This means the Merkava series of MBT’s would also get access to the use AT land mines as well. The idea was that Infantry on board would be carrying them and would disembark to plant them. This does happen in real life, I don’t know which/how many nations do this, I do know for sure that Russia does with their troop carriers.

1 Like

If there’s anything that doesn’t need another buff more than light tanks, it’s ifv’s. I should have been more specific, but with saying light tanks I meant them too. And when it comes to merkavas troop carrier ability, wouldn’t they have to model the extra crew members? And if not, for the merkava to be able to carry troops it needed to lose the majority of its ammo if I remember correctly. I’m unaware of any other tanks where this wasn’t the case, but please enlighten me.

1 Like

I’ve been playing around with a concept of how they would appear marked. The idea was that if you traveling over a certain speed threshold, the icons for the mines would not appear but travel below it and the icons for where the mines are will show up.

(I haven’t thought of what the speed threshold would be but it does fall inline with my original suggestion post. If anyone has any idea of what the max speed threshold for landmine icons being visible, please leave a reply below on what it should be.)

Also Anti-tank landmines have different ways of being triggered, so each one will have a different Icon to show what type they are and what they do.

1 Like

Yeah, that could work and I have no idea what that threshhold would be

1 Like

Yeah another cause for ODL, bring it on.

1 Like

+1, provided the mines have no red marker in RB signaling their presence.

A minelayer machine should be able to first set a mine down, then after it is set, bury it if the ground under the mine is soft enough to dig into. If its a metal floor on Abandoned Factory, you can’t bury it. But you can on the grassy stretch right next to the metal floor.

1 Like

Poor game design. There needs to be a ‘cue’ otherwise its a ‘gotcha’ and not ‘fair’. This is why bombs, torps, and mines give markers. Don’t worry, ppl will still blunder into them.

Thats not how that works. Almost all minelaying machines lay “hasty minefields” they put down or throw mines that sit on the surface. Most minefields aren’t really intended to destroy, they are to delay and channelize enemy movements. These are the kinds that would be used in WT.

I would rather remove the red idiotmode markers from all of those and not implement them on mines. Otherwise they are too easy to avoid. Some maps such as Advance to the Rhine would have very limited area to even lay them on (the city park).

Even surface laid mines on concrete are hard to see from an AFV. Go look at some of the video from Ukraine of tanks running over mines laid on top of roads, etc.
The “idiot markers” are simulating your crew’s spotting ability/range to see the mines etc. and report them to “you”. There should not be just instant death mines because that isn’t fun. You must not play naval.

I feel like anti-tank landmines would be a good spawn camping deterrent by placing them along the exterior edge of the spawn. Each teams landmines would only detect and activate on an enemy tank pushing in.

I do indeed play naval, and I have died to mines all of once, when someone dropped them right next to my DD using them like depth charges.

The fact that the things self-destruct after 5min makes them irrelevant, and the red markers on them makes them doubly so. You hardly ever see people use them for a reason.

Something something game balance.

If mines have a physical model and cannot be buried by the minelayer vehicle, then they do not also need bright red markers when you get close to them.

If you aren’t paying attention, well that’s on you.

I feel the same about naval mines or torpedoes, even though Long Lances in particular should have far smaller trails than other torps due to pure oxygen propellant dissolving in water instead of bubbling out as readily. That being said, the ability to launch torps from one spawn to the other unobstructed is very stupid, as is your ship spawning at full speed going in a random direction which can easily lead to running into torps with no ability to turn in time.

1 Like

exactly

1 Like

3 Likes

this would be cool, and allow for the addition of more tanks such as the M4 Flail tank, and other Anti Mine mobile vehicles to take care of the tanks, as for the drawbacks either make it so that mines can only be placed in specific areas around the map eg: not in vital passage-ways, and make it so that it make a track breaks if it is on a heavy tank or if on a light tank it would equate to a HE round from a Tank Destroyer(or other tank with the biggest HE of that rank) hit the track and then it would be blast or shrapnel damage (should be a poll for the type of damage)

(this could be tested through an event)

Honestly, the only good thing these would be good at serving is a deterrent from spawn camping. It would help a lot.