An Argentine air sub-tree for Germany

At least something was done with them locally, unlike foreign suggested aircraft.
Again, I seriously don’t understand the fuss when trialed vehicles have long been established as viable.

Right, and why stick to vehicles that were trialed once, and never looked at again when Smin’s already stated (firmly) that Germany is the designated nation for Argentinian vehicles. At that point it’s just arguing for the sake of arguing on your part.

And that matters why?

That you have next to no idea how the TT performs in higher tiers? Simple concept really. It’s the same reason why One Nation mains are generally looked down upon.

What does it matter if I haven’t progressed past x point for y nation when I have for others?

What does the performance of other TTs have to do with Germany? You’re just changing the goalpost away from Germany and their problems now.

And besides, some nations simply have some ups and downs. Yes, it is good to strive for as much balance as possible without resorting to C&P, but Germany is simply one such nations that requires this support.

Such a bad argument; “oh hey, you’re not gonna have fun lol good luck”.

Not sure what the opposition to the aforementioned trialed vehicles is as opposed to foreign unrelated aircraft.

Is this why France has the ItO-90M?

That locally tested F-16 and F-18 is looking quite nice being ignored in the corner.

• “totally unrelated foreign vehicles”
  • “hey, look at these trialed aircraft, ignore that they’re also unrelated & foreign, but of the same design as the previously mentioned unrelated foreign vehicles, it’s just that Germany once looked at them”

Bruh.

3 Likes

problem are the trialed vehicles either way, they were trialed when aim 120 missles werent even a thing yet

1. F/A-18B Evaluated in 1982 by WTD 61
  2. F-15B Evaluated in 1982 by WTD 61

The other options would be to advanced and can be seen as similar to eurofighter
So here we are trialed vehicles, that practicaly never saw aim 120 missles.
The community will have a field day complaining about germanys prefered treatment, bullshit armament and more

we did not test an F-16

Also yea, forgot to mention this. These jets would not be able to plug the capability gap between anything, in fact they’d probably sit at a lower BR than the MiG-29G.

That was in the context of a TAM variant. Smin was not implying that Germany would get a full Argentinian sub-tree, or that Germany would get every vehicle fielded by Argentina

Lol. “It’s where Argentine vehicles are deployed” - > “no no!! he totally meant something else”.

1 Like

no Smin said in general thats where argentinian vehicles are deployed.
Else tell me what the reason for the JaPz.K A2 is to go to the german tree

Given, ahistorical loadouts aren’t unheard of either.
Hell, Gaijin put SRAAM on Harrier GR.1 that was literally glued to the aircraft for display.
Yes, it is less fluffy to fly with ahistorical ammo, but at least you get the aircraft that was tested with German pilots and German demands that is more competitive with said armament.

But you see how the whole thing is problematic right?

Its literaly Pest or collera either way for us. No matter what we do nobody will be happy.

I must be confusing something then, as I saw a picture of a German painted F-16 once.
Must’ve been related to an event of sorts.

Those are only applicable If the vehicle in question can indeed use them. F-15B was not able to guide AIM-120s as far as I know, nor was the F/A-18B until the upgrade to C standard was carried out.

The only reason why MiG-29A & 29G even have ET & ER is because they were able to use them in real life, this was confirmed by ex-Luftwaffe pilots as well.

1 Like

That jet was/is stationed at Ramstein, generally it belongs to the US, but there were times when German pilots fly it (it’s a F-16C B50/52 iirc).

F-16C Block XXX [Strengthening air defense and patrols, was part of Germany’s rapid reaction force]

Its sketchy, at that point you could add any Nato aircraft to each tree

Its all where do we draw the border for it to be allowed

Not mentioning US playerbase going ballistic if we get an F16C with that reason alone

the trialed ones definitly cant use, they should lack the technology since it wasnt a thing yet

It is unfortunate, as I understand the situation and find that trialed vehicles are perfectly viable additions (though of lesser priority in most cases).

I really don’t understand why trialed vehicles are viewed in such negative light, considering that they have basically always been used as last resort gapfillers.

I guess it would be fair to explain my stance against a sub-tree beyond thinking that Germany doesn’t need it: I don’t think a full sub-tree should be asked for if it’s main purpose is to fill only the gaps of a certain tier.
Yes, I understand this sub-tree as presented is more substantial than just top tier, but if this conversation is anything to go off of we all know the main purpose is just for top tier to be boosted.

1 Like

Yeah that’s fair.
My bad there.

believe me , germany would apprecaite a sub tree that could fill lights at low tier from br 3.3-6.7 which is a gigantic gap and one of the main problems of germany for that br.

Just everyone always says deal with it. Nobody even thinkgs that germany could have problems anywhere else in their tree. Other nations go ballistic with such large gaps and get support. But germanys low tier light problem often gets sweeped under the rag

I’ve never really perceived lower and mid tier Germany to be lacking.
Not in absolute numbers nor in quality (overall).

They’ve got quite good fighters and fast bombers, only the attackers are a bit lacking.

Could you perhaps elaborate on this for me?

Sadly that’s what sub-trees are used for most of the time… when you look at UKs & Sweden’s sub-trees, their low/mid-tiers aren’t what convinces people to grind them, it’s the high tiers.

Leopard 2A6 & MiG-21Bis filling out the line-up for Sweden (with F-18C in the near future).
JAS-39C that was used to literally plug a capability gap that UK is suffering from? South Africa’s sole use is to be a gap filler, same way Argentina would be for Germany.

Sure, it’s a sad fate, but it’s not like Gaijin can just keep adding TTs to the game either.

Could you perhaps elaborate on this for me?

He means ground TT in this case, Germany has a severse lack of light AFVs & auto-cannon cockroaches at low(high) tiers & mid tiers.