AN/APR-48A Radar Frequency Interferometer for AH-64D variants

83835051ae44b147872c7197304ebb523335c4c66cf87905b481f066f6c1e63f

archieved Lockheed martin AN/APR-48A brochure (for AH-64D).
more modern AN/APR-48B(for AH-64E) brochure can be found here: https://www.lockheedmartin.com/content/dam/lockheed-martin/rms/documents/electronic-warfare/APR-48B-brochure.pdf

Current RWR system lacks a key HUD element (azimuth), which makes it difficult to quickly determine where radar waves are coming from.

The AN/APR-48A Radar Frequency Interferometer (RFI) is the avionics of the AH-64D variant and can solve this problem.

Independent of the RWR system (AN/APR-39A), the AN/APR-48A performs direction finding (DF) of radar waves, boresighting of electro-optical (EO) sensors to the direction of radar wave reception, and passive ranging of radar waves.

All AH-64D versions in the game are modeled with AN/APR-48A devices.
Screenshot of a British AH Mk.1 and it’s rotor mast is attached as an example

image (1)

Some possible ways of Implementation:

1. create a new FCR lock-on key for the RFI signal.
  2. borrow the third-person, first-person radar target indicator available on AA vehicles (see following screenshot). Also need an UI element that indicating which direction the EO sensor is currently pointing.
    image (3)

The second approach is preferred because it is less disruptive.

image (2)

Apparently, I can’t use AH-64D technical manual since it is restricted to DoD members and contractors

7 Likes

Shouldnt this be posted in suggestion/bug reports instead of machinery of war? Posting it here does nothing but pique player interest unfortunately

I did, for suggestion - helicopters and it got rejected. Didn’t post it to bug report since it is not implemented feature, rather than a bug. If it can be reported to issue/bug section then please let me know.

1 Like

You should ask a moderator why your suggestion was rejected. They’ll tell you if you ask.

They might string you along for a while tho cuz they seem to like doing that too…