Am I playing on the wrong server?

English is the most common language if we like it or not, if you speak in a niche language not widely used in the region no one’s going to k ow what you’re saying.

I personally think Gaijin should add an auto translate to the language you have set.
As Warthunder allows for auto picking servers for faster games, but no one understands each other.

This is why they added the in game communications wheel. It communicates in the different users languages.

The funniest part is when a CN players joins an NA game and their user name is like 100 characters long and you literally can’t stop looking at their name plate during an air rb game.

“Attack/Defend the D point”
“Attention to this grid square”
“Air at (Insert random coordinates)”
=/=
“We have (Insert tank) moving into (Insert point)”
“(Insert point) is getting pushed by (Insert number of tanks)”
“I see (Insert helicopter) approaching, watch out for CAS”

First tank locations can be pinged on the map leaving visual markers to go with the in came call out.

Numbers in most languages are the same so typing in chat number and tank name after pinging the map will work in most situations.

T, 6,1 will call out the planes location and altitude and track it on the compass at the top of the screen.

Yes its not exactly what you listed as preferred but it’s workable and pretty clear to most people regardless of language.

Because there are no “RU matches”?

That’s just stupid argument.

I would love to have server for my country, i would speak there in my native language. But i have EU server, it’s only logical to speak in language spoken by most.

Or you are simply an entitled asshole and you just disrespect everyone - then there is nothing we can say to you

The SEA server is quite low numbers. It is also INFESTED with blatant hackers and bots. I take a 100 ping hit from Australia to play on the US server. The quality of the matches and team mates is generally far better.

1 Like

As several people have already said - in War Thunder we do not force anyone to play on a particular server. Servers are not meant to be played by players who only communicate in English (or, dunno, Esperanto). The choice of servers is there so that everyone can find a server with the lowest possible ping.

The fact that players can use any alphabet to write their nickname or to communicate during a battle (as long as they do not break game rules :) ) is something very positive and we do not intend to give it up. Just as we don’t intend to restrict any player’s access to all servers.

If you think we should start restricting access to the game to players you don’t understand through the language barrier, please keep such proposals to yourself - there is no place for such ideas on our forum.

In WT, where we have a very elaborate universal communication system (radio messages) automatically translated into the language of the game client, forcing players to communicate in any particular language is rather an affront and we do not intend to do so.

2 Likes