Alpha Jet A (Germany) thread

Hey,

This is not an Alpha Jet E, but an Alphajet 2 NGEA.

Full Loadout for it:

Spoiler

1 Like

At least it’s German, right? I prefer that, all my life, to the F-84F or the migs, even if it is still a Beta Jet, I still want it.

3 Likes

Yep, German/France,

O.o lol

Although I assume from your nickname that you are a French guy, you will surely receive a second version with air-to-air missiles.

5 Likes

besides that let’s appreciate how he thinks a longer cartridge means you can fit fewer next to each other

2 Likes

Wikipedia is not really a reliable source in that regard. The English version is wrong, god knows how…
And on the German version of that Wikipedia article it says 150 rounds for the 27mm Mauser.

1 × BK-27-Kanonenbehälter unter dem Rumpf mit 1 × 27-mm-Revolver-Maschinenkanone Mauser BK-27 F 01 mit 150 Schuss Munition

2 Likes

A longer cartridge often mean Larger aswell, due to powder burning inside that requires specifical space in order for it to burn entirely.

You can say what you want,… there is physical logic behind.

People answered with actual sources, and i did take note on that.

Also, it was question, not a commentary to force a 120 round on the 27mm pod,…

If you wanna be harsh, you can go onto reddit, they love that kind of crap.

The good thing about having the manual is that we clearly know everything that AJ has.

The bad thing about having the manual is that it clearly expresses everything that it does not have :(

1 Like

362 pages full of meh…

Batman Slapping Robin 2 02032024083512

lol

1 Like

just curious for those in the test server where did gaijin stick the alpha jet in the research-tech tree?

The german one is currently under the G.91 R3

1 Like

Some things of interest on the RWR front:

CMANO DB lists the Alpha Jet A as having a ELT/156 RWR
https://cmano-db.com/aircraft/65/

This Flight International Electronic Warfare Directory lists the ELT/156 but no users of it. However it does list the Alpha Jet as using the ELT/555 radar jammer.

This blog also lists the German Alpha Jet A as using the ELT/156

1 Like

Give it 9Js then, they did the same to the F-4F

1 Like

The Alpha Jet should also get cluster bombs in from of the BL755.
IMG_6352

Also the experimental VBM against Tanks.

Here is also the full page about the AIM 9L and stuff about the ECM. It sounds like you loose the back passenger completely with it.

@Godvana if the AJ can carry x2 bombs and rocket pods in the inner pylons I see no reason for it not to be able to also carry x2 incendiary bombs. Do you think that could be made into a report?

It may be possible, the F-104G is able to carry two BLU-1/B incendiary bombs on its Doppellastträger but these are different to the Alpha Jet’s M116A2 incendiary bombs. Gaijin would want evidence that it could be done on the Alpha Jet.

Got it, thanks