Alpha Jet A (Germany) thread

I don’t know if it would make a difference but Germany did trials with the AJ and the CRV 7 rocket.

1 Like

Husum :D thats not even 10km away^^

2 Likes

I think 9.0 or 9.3 (.3 higher than the French one either way) with flares would be good. Just wish it had AIM-9B/F to defend itself better.
Then we need the KWS/ICE/whatever it was called with the 9Ls and Mavs at 10.0/10.3

Getting off topic but the fact we still don’t have 9Ls for the F-4F nor the ICE-LA is criminal, Germany is massively lacking in CAS.

1 Like

never realised, planned update thats wasnt done, it did get aim 9ls but no mavericks in the end

Eh, Britain gets the Taildog, the Yak-141 gets radar missiles, the JAS-39s get AIM-9Ms and Skyflashes, Germany get R-27ERs and AIM-9Js, and the F-16AJ… exists. I don’t think the addition of a single missile to an aircraft is really a big stretch, especially since the AJ would be a pretty poor strike aircraft with only unguided ordinance.

1 Like

And not to mention it would only carry 2 Mavericks

I’m still waiting on the agm65d for f4f that got acknowledged 9 months ago…

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/GzlXUv6rOcNf

1 Like

Thats nothing mate, my MUSS system report has been acknowledged for like 2+ years now
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/pKT0u3l5s9E6

2 Likes

The Alphajet currently doesnt have anything that makes it 9.3 or 9.7 worthy. Not even with flares, when comparing it to the A-4E

3 Likes

Ah sadly that is correct. The Alpha Jet never had self-sealing fuel tanks. The plane had to be cheap, built using the Lancester method „mass instead of class“.
I hope this German saying also works in English.

Apart from that, I would like to thank all the players here in the forum who are working as diligently on the Alpha Jet as it should be.

4 Likes

Its very surprising that Germany developed the AJ to replace the G91 as a strike platform but it really is not an upgrade. Loses the air to surface missiles and only increases from 4 to 6 the bombs and rocket pods carried…

???

For France? maybe, something with Magics. I hope for Germany they add a “Late” or “ICE” version at like 10.0 with AGM-65 and AIM-9L

1 Like

Alpha jet ice doesnt exist, agm 65s were never realised, but the versions in game did use aim 9ls yes

1 Like

A very nice skin

Go give it a ❤️

2 Likes

TrikZZter strikes again :)))

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/G9nTvDQKsA3R?comment=22yBfDTuuVUfwCePZRNQiBzz

2 Likes

BRO What!!!
bruh
Flight manual variant
this^
and this>

are not the same variant!

the variant in game has the modified antenna with the navi computer upgrades, which was only present on the limited modernisation package which took place after the ICE program was cancelled.

@TrickZZter
please dont wave this off

5 Likes

I provided a primary source and two secondary sources of use of the C20 engine, they dont’t care.

I mean… either they do it right by the post ICE cancellation modernisation package or they edit the physical model of the aircraft to be that of the pre ICE, non upgraded variant.
In which case we do want a post ICE cancellation modernisation AJ.

1 Like

The differnces between an early and late AJ are so minor that it isn’t worth doing a seperate vehicle. They probably won’t ever give AIM-9Ls because the BR it would need to go to would make it useless as a ground attacker.

1 Like

what about the seperate BR’s thing
might be a saving grace?
but arguably…losing two pylons to AA ordinance wont be much fun

2 Likes