Hey guys, spotting sucks, like why can’t I see a plane that’s within a few miles of me in perfect weather? The spotting system should be reworked so that aircraft are rendered and “visible” at all times as long as you have line of sight. I’m not saying that they should appear with the red name tag and aircraft info/username, but the planes should be visible so that I can see them when I’m looking at them.
the only issue is gajin has It because of the lagg it would make rendering everything even in BVR and sight is actually a crew upgrade thing I think that will help
crew level grind is just bad I cant tell you how many of my f16XL deaths are because of G overload its so hard to use without good crew and to truly max out a crew you need 1.5 million SL depending on rank that gives more upgrades f16XL crew is level 5 my best level 72 crew is on my hornet so yea grind is unavoidable stock and crews should be removed or easier but maybe some day
Spotting system absolutely needs an overhaul for top tier
It’s not built for it at all and clearly doesn’t work
WDYM I CAN’T SPOT THE Su-27SM JUST OVER 700M AWAY IN AN ACED F-2A
Maybe thats already solving a big chunk of your issue:
Don´t use any Temporal or Super Sampling Anti aliasing.
Use FXAA or none or go with SSAA x4 (if your system can run it)
Why? Cause it makes it easier to detect, Temporal and Super Sampling will make the “edges” merge with the background a bit.
SSAA will do a bit of merge too, but it dosnt mess up the Lightning up (which all Temporal and Super Sampling will do) and it increases the details especially on distance dramatically, so ure having a much easier time to identify.
SSAA is also very very nice if you also play tanks, as you can see though fences and foliage 1000x better. For Only Flying, Stick to FXAA or None i would say.
The bigger the “dot” the easer to see, the sharper the edges, the easier to identify the plane.
No AA

FXAA

SSAA x4 + FXAA

TAA

TSR

DLSS

But pssssss, changing grafics, those are secret tactics. :D
Its not lag or server issues they would have (maybe also but not mainly), its more of a cheater problem and how the implementation fo the console assistant aim works, which snaps on every “rendered” vehicle by the press of a button.
Tbh, for RB, there shouldnt even be a spotting system that marks the enemy… like in GRB, u either hear and see him or u dont know about it.
And theres rules behind it how far u spot: (and the pilots eyes dont get better with a modern plane, he still has the same old human eyes)
Spoiler
- Keen Vision — Enhances the detection range when spotting enemies, i.e. the maximum distance at which the target indicator may appear. This ranges between 4 km (untrained) to 8 km (maxed) (3–5 km in RB/SB). Detection is only made if the enemy is in a cone in the direction of view of the player. Maximum detection distance is also dependent on the size of the target, lighting conditions, cloud cover, weather, and other factors.
- Awareness — Enhances the detection range of enemy targets between 400 m (untrained) to 800 m (maxed) (300–500 m in RB/SB). Detection is carried out in a sphere (all directions) around the aircraft, regardless of the direction that the player is observing.
It isn’t.
Keen vision is about markers, not dots. Noone is able to see a missile at 10km. But the marker pops up.
The spotting system, markers, dots, missile smoke, is a total mess.
How am I able to see this:
60km! No other dots of this group of enemies. Some are even closer. No contrail. But at half the distance and better weather you see nothing.
And it could be even worse:

That’s a contrail of the last enemy.

Changing angle of view, disappeared completely.
With mouse look, looking directly at it, you see nothing at all, looking straight you can see it clearly.
I am a little bit older, in my childhood I saw every day Starfighters, Phantoms, A-10s, Cobra Helicopters. We were able to identify them 12km away even at dawn. In warthunder at dawn you can’t see a dot 2km away straight in front of you.
Definitely not good enough or ready for any 5th Gen jets with full stealth mechanics; I can tell you that much.
Okay but that doesn’t change Migoon’s point, at 700m you ARE seeing that aircraft. Like, in my case its the same, what do you mean the SU-30 I was dogfighting in my Eurofighter disappeared at 1km RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.
Indeed. Air RB is the outlier, also I find it utterly hilarious how the people who try waving their “skill” in front of everyone’s faces so viciously defend dumb game mechanics such as AI gunners, red idiotmode markers, and shared spotting.
Does it work properly at any BR?
doesnt help that aircraft arent rendered past about 30km either.
I was using the FLIR on the GR4 to look out ahead in Air Sim and I spotted the exhaust trail of what turned out to be an Su-25 without issue using the FLIR, but the aircraft itself was invisible until I got closer, where it then suddenly filled half the screen when it rendered in.
Really apparent using the EFT with the PIRATE FLIR being trained onto the radar contact. Just nothing there to see. Even in ARB could be interesting to use the FLIR to see what weapons the target aircraft had left.
I think it worked till GJN called the game E-Sport ready. :D
I knew I wasn’t going old and senile, years back aircraft would always be rendered no matter the distance as little black dots, I don’t know when this changed
Completely false. Rendering distant targets is not difficult at all, as they get reduced down to cubes.
not false because you just said it has to be cubes to not lag the whole lobby they don’t render at all in BVR because when you use missile camera you can see it’s nothing there but the effects(like afterburner and contrails) the plane is not visible
IT IS 10000% true that if you PC kept the insane detail of each plane then it would lag for you THATS WHY it has cubes or the plane is just invisable (could be a glitch) no crew upgrading will fix it




