Air to Air Spotting

Soooo when they gonna fix the spotting issue for planes…

People are probably too used to knowing exactly what they are fighting before getting into one, and having this taken away will probably upset a ton of people. It would also have a huge impact on the meta of climbing, since being able to fly low and use the ground as camo would be feasible, kinda like how it is in sim where spotting planes up high is way easier than finding them from above.

This would be as big of a change as forcing sim commander open hatch view on ground RB removing 3rd person camera angles and peeks.

Problem is spotting is broken in sim as well.

Yes. No markers, yet still broken.

Today I’ve observed a plane phase in and out of existence against a rocky terrain on hazy weather whether or not I pressed Z (zoom) or not.

Like, not get blurrier. Nope. Flat out phase out of existence. Wasn’t even that far from me, probably 4-5 kilometres.

When that happens in ground I chalk it up to their weird smoke implementation where you stop rendering vehicles behind it. Not sure if they maybe have something going on in air too with clouds or something?

Removing those markers would have a much larger effect than removing 3rd person in GRB. I don’t see any issues with the current spotting system outside of it being inconsistent and weird sometimes.

I feel like GRB right now just revolves around abusing 3rd person camera behind cover, peeking shooting and retreating, repeat. That and using sound ques (sucks I like listening to music).

Having to at least expose some small percentage of your tank to actually see over a hill, or not behind a building able to peak past a corner without exposing anything at all just adjusting camera would be a huge change.

1 Like

Was air.

Hazy weather condition, rocky terrain behind the plane I was looking at. Press Z, it appears. Press Z again, it disappears.

If you remember the match people might be able to look at the replay and see whats going on, everyones match history is public and easy to go through, just need to know which one, and maybe a clue to what point in that match or other details.

It’s silly, I just dived on a P-47 pre emptively because I saw the plane but no marker. I was pointed at him and the marker did not show until I was 0.8-0.6km in shooting my rounds at it.

Clear skies btw.

1 Like