Air Sim rewards and how to fix them

I dont know how much I really agree with that.

Its the only gamemode that promotes survival over reckless gameplay. Whilst yes, it has some major issues in that you can do too well and go unrewarded and that threshold isnt actually all that high. It does promote an almost “real world” playstyle where you would be more reserve and dying actually had consequences.

1 Like

I agree with this and it’s also the only place to go for VR - VR works in 3rd person but there’s several disadvantages to the 3rd person view in WT in VR, especially on bombers (even in sim that’s an issue and a reason why I don’t fly bombers much anymore).

I also like you can choose different ways of playing in sim, it’s more of a choose your own adventure and there’s a lot less randomness (like the match maker).

1 Like

Yep. I much prefer flying from a cockpit and with a HOTAS. I tried it in RB, but the disadvantage was too great.

and yeah, you can set yourself objectives/missions which is quite fun (though I wsih we had more in-game objectives with a wider range of type of misisons, including some with a higher challenge)

The problem is that you reach the cap really fast in higher tiers and then the “best” decision would be to hide behind your AF for 10 Min. That’s just stupid.

I agree, that surviving should be important and rewarded. That’s why I like the idea of the landing reward/multiplier.

But waiting for 10 Min. until your actions have a meaning again has nothing to do with surviving. It is just… waiting.

They could fix this problem easily by
-increasing the cap(these are points we earned)
-closing/resetting the useful action timeframe when you land(you returned to base, so time for debriefing and medals)
-and increasing the landing multiplier (as staying alive IS important)

But that would directly lead to a lower necessity of buying premium, so we can wait until the end of time for it.

1 Like

Definitely feels like the goal.

Like, had a good match in my F4U-4B. Managed to max out a few useful action cycles.

Payout? 13K SL.

spawn cost? 8K SL (rounded).

With my 4.0 mustang I can now consistently make money. With my 5.7 corsair, I consistently lose money unless I RTB the moment I cap score and afk until it counts down.