Air RB Needs the Following Reworks [plus POLLS]

So you’re saying we need to go back to machine guns, since any advancement since (in a game sense) is taking away the skill from it. That is what you’re saying, it wasn’t just about real life.

You also conveniently left out I was not radar locked during this moment, so the risk of being shot at by an AMRAAM would have still been near zero. If I wasn’t looking around I would have been killed by anyone’s IR missile. So thanks for highlighting I have basic awareness of my surroundings at least.

With 9Ms only or with AMRAAMS equipped? The reason I bring up an ace is because fighting people is doable without AMRAAMS, where you are saying it is nearly impossible for average players to find playable against without the assistance of an overbuffed multipath.

No, I did not struggle using radar missiles to kill people. However I could not use them most of the time as people were flying too low to be used effectively. They often stayed on their rails because of this and I engaged with IRs instead except in certain circumstances.

Indeed it was, but it wasn’t overly spectacular aside from winning missile jousts which is what tended to occur often. In other scenarios it wasn’t overly better than the other radar missiles in other situations from my experience using it. It was just the best at killing careless players due to speed. There was very little risk of your missile being beaten to the target by other friendies, making it prominent in that regard.

It’s mainly focused on realisim, but yet also being accessible to the masses. So while some realistic aspects are simplified to cater to this accessibility, War Thunder continously touts being a realistic military game.

The case about a realistic aspect, multipathing, being adjusted to a more realistic value vs more gameplay friendly value is something where War Thunder should focus on realisim. The reason I state this is because there are a LOT of BRs that exist already where this isn’t a problem. Radar missiles should be the prevailing threat that exists in War Thunder at upper ranks. It is a natural progression of military technological history. Taking this away just to promote “more exciting gameplay” would be the wrong choice here. Subjectively speaking, I find it exciting, it feels like something that was missing has finally been filled when it comes to modern combat. It actually feel unique.

All needed for now is just copy paste of Sim EC into RB setting. Game would become 100% better, it would solve a lot of issues in Air RB while offering better overall gameplay.

Later entire mode can be futher improved moving Warthunder from shitty team deathmatch with planes into something greater.

1 Like

I’ve skipped over most of this whole discussion but I’m just gonna say good luck getting gaijin to do anything with Air RB. The last major change they did to this game mode was when they removed historical battles 8 or 9 years ago. This gamemode went from an objective-based half hour or more session where every aircraft type was viable and had a role to a 10 to 15 minute fighter only team deathmatch.

I do agree that the easiest change gaijin could make that would immediately improve gameplay for Air RB is to port everything over to Air Sim/EC maps. The large EC-style map size would mean more isolated fights and give strike aircraft and bombers a role again. As of now, strike aircraft are entirely unplayable in any capacity because they get shot out of the game in the first 2-3 minutes or end up having to idle behind everyone and hope their side wins to have a chance to even shoot at ground targets. The bomber situation isnt much better.

I dont have much hope gaijin does anything because again, it’s been 8 or 9 years since the last major change to Air RB gameplay but Air RB is in such a horrible state to play it’s killing people’s will to play it.

3 Likes

It’s been 8 or 9 years since the last major change to Air RB, which makes it even more necessary to rework the gamemode.

Implementing RB EC would be incredibly easy. It’s already done, just take Sim and change controls to RB ones. It would fix so many things.

6 Likes

I doubt gaijin will make any changes, there policy is to induce frustration until you cannot bear it any more, so you spend real money. All you need to do is pay real money or just spawn, get killed by an fox3 more than 100 times and spent more than a million silver to get the fox 1. I have done the math. spawn and get killed without killing anything gives you 400ish RP and 0 SL. For F-15C, in order to get Fox 1 and chaff, you need 37000, if you just keep dying, after 100 matches, you will get fox 1 and chaff. That 100 matches will cost about 1,000,000 SL including modifications, without any boosters.

They can keep the same grind difficulty while making gameplay enjoyable, they would not lose money

For what it’s worth, I’ve submitted an “Economy” suggestion on proximity kills on basis of bail-out kill credit. It is waiting for approval.

4 Likes

That I think can be achieved by introducing modification based BR. F-15C for instance, pure fox 2 should be 12.0 or less, with fox 1 should be 12.0 to 12.3, with fox 3 should be 13.3-13.7

3 Likes

Gaijin should also bring back dogfight score. dodging missiles, pop countermeasures, getting locked, lock on enemy, firing missiles should be considered as active.

6 Likes

Stock chaff, particularly against any jet that will face ARH

2 Likes

The Stock Tier Grind in this “Game” is the worst Thing I have seen in my whole Life in Video Games. I rarely felt that much Anger. This was the most polite Way I could express my current Feelings for Air RB

@Blanchboi now that the poll has a lot of votes, have you tagged any moderators to see it?

This would improve the situation in top tier a lot. I wish somebody who is paid would have thoughts like this.

16x16 if 8 kill 2 the match is over
10x10 if 5 kill 2 the match is over
8x8 if 4 kill 2 the match is over

With more and more missiles in the game the average number of kills in aerial combat becomes higher for each aircraft.

@Smin1080p @Stona_WT

1 Like

I voted a while ago, but now that I’m grinding the modules on the Su-27SM, I feel the need to leave a comment reiterating the need for these changes. The stock grind for high tier aircraft is incredibly unpleasant at the moment, and even just adding 2 radar missiles to the stock armament of all 13.0 aircraft would go a long way in fixing this.

They also need to allow 13.0 aircraft in Air Assault, as players can’t even use that to slowly unlock modules.

1 Like

Tree height would be fine if they actually affected the radar seeker. You can fly in between 2 sides of a forest on a road and some FOX3 will still find you which is more than nonsensical. This doesnt happen often but it happens and without awacs that behaviour is nonsenical to say the least.

Just Notch Bro… (youtube.com)

no answer from any moderators?

Not yet, this thread isn’t terribly active anymore, so I reckon we will see another thread at some point in the future that’s better written than this one. Hopefully that gets more traction than this thread and changes can come from it.

1 Like