Aim-120s Possibly getting added onto the AV-8B Plus

Either way they should add it to both the US one and the Italian one cause both have them in use.

1 Like

The only “but” for this is the raised BR as a result of the AMRAAM. I’d guess it would go from 11.7 to 12.3. In the FA2s case, cant really be helped. But the AV-8B can do its main job with or without them. Just something to consider. Almost need 2 AV-8B+'s added for both nations. One without and one with foldered below it.

Better idea don’t want uts br to be inflated due to AMRAAMS

That would be ideal. but I think way too many people would complain about 2-4 AMRAAM at 11.7

Even if they nerf the hell out of them

It depends on how well they are implemented

Yep, they may end up making them worse than SARH at low alt and go for chaff in any aspect. Of course, only AMRAAM, R-77/R-27EA wont have any issues in either siutation

As far as I know neither the US or Italy used BOL on their Harriers.

3 Likes

British superiority

1 Like

Is there even any evidence the FA.2 could carry BOL?

Multiple photographs, and the flight manual

Care to provide either?

1 Like

AV-8B+ should also be able to equip the outrigger pylons (at least the US one), for a total of 6x AIM-9s, but Gaijin is inept at research, so the Italian one didn’t get it.

2 Likes

Im guessing they wanted something akin to the Gr7 in terms of performance and loadout configurations. Might get those in the future

From “AN/ALE-58(V) BOL EW Dispenser System” by Teal Group Corporation (March 2019)

It might be possible for the AV-8B to carry BOL launchers, but the wording here makes it seem like only the flares were tested on the AV-8B, that are usually intended for the BOL launcher. The rest of the document is all about the BOL launcher and its application on various aircraft, which is why I put the “might”.

Look in the sea harrier therad it can but for it to take more cm it sacrifices a missile i think

1 Like

Sure:

2 Likes

Personally I think it is a bad idea because I honestly don’t trust Gaijin enough to think they wouldn’t just put AMRAAMs only on the AV-8B+ for the US but then add fox-3’s to the Mig-29 or Su-27 for the USSR.

R77 can go on a version of the su39
they won’t do something like that as their would be a riot

Look at the Abrams thread or the NATO MANPAD threads, they don’t really care about causing riots

the difference between that and this is their is F15 with AMRAAMs against Su27 with R77 unlike the abrams stuff which is vague