AH-64D Stingers

But the AH-64D sits at 11.7 and the AH-64A sits on 11.3
They would never see anything 9.3 to 10.0 - Only starting at 10.3

1 Like

The British and Italian helicopters have AIM-92s at 10.3, that’s why I mentioned the planes at 9.3+ having to deal with them. I have been referencing the just the AIM-92s, not any specific helicopters that carry them.

I also made the neccessary corrections to my other post, thanks again.

1 Like

Technically ATAS is available to a lot of aircraft, as low as 9.7 (AH-1F)

and the AH-6 and OH-58D(Both 10.3)

and the AIM-9(-9B / -9D / -9G / -9H / -9L / -9M etc.) even lower, if they ever add the earlier Super Cobras (AH-1T, -1J, -1W), which could sit anywhere from 9.0~10.0.

1 Like

What game are you playing again?

Which aren’t in game, it is still, without its full real armament in game, is better than the Apache, in game. I’m sure it’s overestimated by people, but none more than an Apache, its has more missiles it can carry, and are arguably better. Has a very similar gun, in fire-rate, and fire-power, and far surpasses the Apaches maneuverability, and yet again, arguably, safety. I mean, even in the Eastern War, the videos you see of it “crash landing” are much safer than an Apache crash-landing.

A comparison of “safety” in crash landing:

1 Like

I’m not a Natoid poster but I think that’s an unfair comparison between a controlled descent of the damaged Ka-52 and an Apache overcooking a turn and slamming into the ground.

5 Likes

Even if a KA-52 (gear extended like the Apache) hit the ground like that, and lost tail control like the Apache did in video, it would have been fine as long as the pilot suffered no trauma, and the hit didn’t take out any control surfaces, but yes, it is an unfair comparison, but the closest I could find.

1 Like

Link?

1 Like

The hellfires in real life are much better than the Vikhr.

The stingers in real life are much better than any helicopter mounted a2a weapon the russians use.

The ka52 is not more manoeuvrable than the Apache either. It has a higher top speed but it’s way heavier.

Ka52 also has extremely dated electronics. We have seen from combat footage how bad the FLIR is compared to the Apache, in both thermal resolution and zoom magnification.

4 Likes

I Don’t have a full copy only excerpts, it’s from the Jaguar tactical manual. if I remember correctly they came from one of the British Tech topics, either that or one of the various stinger discussion topics.

1 Like

Against the AH-64D or E? Also, because the design of the Камов design bureau, was a fast, manageable, and maneuverable competitor to the Apache. It was made to get close and get stuff done.

Both apaches are better than the ka52. The ka52 radar is a joke compared to the longbow radar. Of course it’s not modelled properly in game, and given munitions to utilise it, because that would be unfair on poor russia-boos.

2 Likes

Apache’s gun can effectively engage and destroy human sized targets from 2-3km while Ka52’s 30mm gun cant even hit anything properly due to enormous amount of recoil and very bad accuracy.

Hellfires are much better then Vikhr and Ataka missiles in real life not to mention Longbow Hellfires just destroys Vikhr missiles in every category.

Simply untrue, Ka-52 is much heavier thus it has less agility.

3 Likes

By that logic, you could say that the Abrams is heavier than the Churchill and therefore should be slower. The Ka52 weight is compensated by a more powerful engine. Plus the coaxial rotor gives an advantage in maneuverability over the traditional one.

1 Like

It was removed due to the Ka50 being insanely powerful.
Im kinda sad the removed it,despite the KA50 spam, i had fun abusing stingers and buildings on the city map to rack up 30-40 kills with my Apache.

Weight is only one factor but this doesnt change the fact that it has less agility then Apache.

Don’t forget the UKr shoot in down with ATGM while Hovering when their MAWS should work

3 Likes

This is not a fair comparison lads.
It’s very depend on the pilots.
They are very good but some are just “better”.
I once saw a guy landing on a battleship while it’s in the north sea storm but then some Ka-52 pilot yeet with their 360.

1. Electronic
  • Bruh, they got HUD on helmet, they got good thermal compare to NATO standard and excellent day cam optics, a topic created to debate Ka-52/Mi-28NM optic but after all the comparison, it’s just a draw or better for the Ka-52 since with day time optics, it has a ridiculous range to launch the LMUR.
  1. Heli take down by an ATGM
  • That thing can happen to AH-64 if they hovering it while Kornet shooting at it.
  1. Ka-52 manoeuvrabling vs AH-64
  • They are designed as a truly CAS heli with better manoeuvrabling and escorst/act like a decoy with heavier equipment then Mi-28, you not even know what the role of it, mil-28 is act like AH-64 then the Ka-52
    Talk about manoeuvrable heli, can it do something like this.
Spoiler

This text will be hidden

Beside, Ka-52 show more on the conflict and got more lossses duo to fighting real MANPADS/AA system rather then some werahoo guy with AK-47 and barely any >5km AA system. I’m not even need they shown in Ukraine, just deploy AH-64 to near Red Sea as a test, some guys waiting there

bro, respectfully, this is like comparing a plane doing an emergency belly landing to a plane trying to “land” with an entire wing missing

2 Likes