Add option to hide personal file

• yes
  • no
0 voters

this post is not about me or an individual

There are many players who give verbal abuse in game chat using someones personal file as a means to bait or coerce into an engagment that they are not happy with. This is a method of bulling, it also happens in this forum, someone using personal file to make someone look wrong/ stupid in there statement. Adding an option for a player to hide his personal file (stats) will allow players to play in peace, those that wsh to show there stats may do so.

There are laws called data protection act’s to protect the privacy of individuals and everyone has a right to be forgotten. ITS THE LAW.

Gaijin have a duty of care to its customers. as a player you do not need to know someones stats, you have all the information you need, ie what unit they are using.

Edit: so apparently pc users can Options/Privacy and Confidentiality/“Display Real Nickname in Battle and Menu but xbox users cant

3 Likes

You want to hide Your stats?

Haven’t had So much laugh in months.

11 Likes

You don’t own the data and nor is it your personal info, so there’s no data protection issue.

😅

11 Likes

XD, no wonder

17 Likes

12 Likes

Perfect

2 Likes

If someone is abusing you in game and/or forums, you can report them and ignore them, that’s more than enough.

My privacy is more than secured, I’m here posting under the fictional name, you can’t link that to anyone IRL.

2 Likes

hahahahhahahahhahahhahaha Just learn to play properly and don’t whine around here.

4 Likes

i do learn to play properly, my stats are a reflection of being a xbox user competing against pc users who have better camera control

another fine example of someone using personal stats. im sure with out looking i could find some negative in yours, the difference is i wont use it against you

you are so wrong

i dont play tanks, i just a had a little go at it

i knew you would turn up your a typical statschecker

Laughing even more

Don’t take the bait. There is no requirement to respond or engage with idiots so move on.

2 Likes

Ever heard of the Streisand effect?

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s only chat and if they check out your stats, who cares. If it is an issue for you, just change the in game messages option to team and squad, or system.

2 Likes

I don’t like the idea to hide what I do. I can stand it and I don’t feel ashamed by it. Those who try to use those stats against someone else should think about why they do this.

1 Like

even then people only see what they want to see

i don’t wish to turn chat off due to the good players that i can have a laugh or intelligent conversation with