Add manual radar lock for SPAA just like in planes

If there’s no proof then for anyone knows it’s being pulled out of people’s bikini bottoms.

I already told you that this is a suggestion to a non historical game feature.

You appear as if you were sealioning Sealioning - Wikipedia

Tags->game discussion, general discussion, don’t see suggestion anywhere in that.

Which SPAA are you talking about? That matters very much to this discussion because not all radars are the same. Some don’t have the capability to select targets like an F-14s radar, where you cycle through the targets. The ADATS doesn’t have a search/track radar, so it wouldn’t ever have the option for target selection. It uses an optical/infared tracking so you would need to have a clear los with nothing that would interfere (clouds).

Yeah guy is going to get ignored for rest of this post.

Every single one so they can do their job without fighitng in game mechanic

Are radar controls vehicle specific in planes? So far in SPAA they are not. Even then, the main radar feature is not historical which impairs the usage of the radar for the player, it would be logical to implement a non historical workaround to a non historical problem.
Does the radar manual control work for IRST? If so, it should logically work the same for SPAA.
I have vehicles with irst, i can test this on my own time. Even P-61C-1 lets you cycle through targets even though you can’t lock any of them since its a global radar control feature.

Listen, I’m trying to be patient here, but if you aren’t specific then this doesn’t mean anything. As my example with the ADATS, it can’t select targets without having a direct visual line of sight. The radar does not cycle through targets like an aircraft radar because it is SEARCH only. If the radar isnt a SEARCH/TRACK then it won’t ever be able to select targets on the scope. So if you want all the SPAAs to have the feature of cycling through targets to lock, then it will never get implemented because that isn’t how the systems work.

Which is why I said it wasn’t a suggestion post. I tend to do this since people who make them are trying to make demands or are too lazy to make a proper suggestion post for the suggestion moderators to check it and if they ask questions evidence is given to prove that yes SPAA did have this feature. Which is why these discussion threads are made.

The manual select feature is on planes that can’t lock targets since its a global feature - It would probably be added on adats too but wouldn’t be usable, if they decide so. I’m still making research on how the original implementation exists in the game. On the ozelot your search screen is direction only because it is infrared search…

The original game radar is already unhistorical, i doubt they would ask evidence to change something that is already unhistorical and not in vehicles, and it also exists as a global feature where individual ability for vehicles to do this would be irrelevant.

I don’t know what you’re going on about. He is talking about using target selection to lock targets on SPAAs with no tracking radar. I would assume that you can use the cycle target all day to select a target on scope, but you will never be able to LOCK any target because that isn’t how systems like thw ADATS works. It uses the radar to find targets, and optical/infared to lock targets and fire.

Because u can`t lock with SEARCH radar.

That`s all.

So what’s the point in having search radar?
It gives only direction, no alt, no heading nothing

I rly dont care how it works tbh, the thing is that cas is strong and SPAA should have easier time to deal with it.

And as the ADATS goes its also gimped by not being able to look 90° up and somehow its TD so yep

A search radar can give information in altitude, speed, and bearing depending on type. You see it in Aircraft like the F-14 where it gives that information, but only on a target lock. The SPAA radars don’t lock targets so they don’t provide that information.

ADATS simply don`t have track radar

So you don’t care how the systems in game work. Thats really cool that you want a feature that doesn’t exist because you can’t properly utilize an advanced missile SPAA? They aren’t going to even consider adding this feature because it gets rid of how to actually operate the SPAA. And if the ADATS cant look 90 degress vertically in real life, they also aren’t going to make it do something that it isn’t capable of.

It’s in the name. Search for targets.

Ok so you are saying that irl you are chilling in adats with the boys and than radar is like yoo dudes look there is something there, so you and the boys are like oh shit we better shot it down before this thing whatever it is will harm us.
So you want to do this but radar is acting up like mad gf and being like yeah its somewhere out there figure it out :).

Even if it cant lock using a radar IT should be able to point its way at the target that you can see on radar.