About Nuclear Escalation and the Bomber Damage Model by BVV_d

Its not really any more short sighted than stuff like retarded bombs. Its obviously not something that would work in all situations, but in the situations where the jet can get overhead, theres nothing quite like it.

Probably has the single most extreme level of runway/airfield facility destruction of all airborne systems as well, being able to simultaneously do runway cratering, hardened aircraft shelter destruction, anti-personnel area denial, anti-armour, and anti-armour area denial by varying what submunitions are loaded within the MW-1 launcher.

1 Like

They were beta-testing them during NT, so its possible

Im not really expecting them to be any different to the SAM versions already ingame.

Yep, there is a lot of ways it could be restricted too, like LOBL modes.

I genuinely think that KH-38MT would still be more powerful than a mode 2 Brimstone 2

Thinking more of an NE specific weapon, but could be interesting in GRB and even ARB to draw missiles away from the actual aircraft.

It would be unique given that htey wouldnt actually attack anything. the only tricky bit is that I dont think many nations have them

That could be a possibiltiy as well

1 Like

The more common configuration of the MW-1 was 2184 bomblets + 448 mines, but yeah, for just mines that F-4E load would be even heftier

Wouldn’t a F-15EX be able to carry even more of them?

for similar light targets to the ones those bomblets were for the F-4E could also carry a few of something like CBU-7 (also max of 18) which has 1200 fragmentation bomblets

probably, F-15E manuals I have only show them being carried on CFTs, with up to 6 on each side
if you add a MER on stations 2, 5, and 8 (like we have seen carried) you get 26 with 4 on 2 and 8, and 30 if you put 6 on 2, 5, and 8 (images only show 4 on 2 and 8)

1 Like

I believe they were using TBMs with cluster warheads in the original NT mode

I remember the mode being extremely laggy at times, but it’s obviously almost impossible to tell, if that was because of those cluster munitions or because of the popularity of the mode lol

Dunno if those TBMs would have been enough to test, if the servers could handle someone just dropping 1000+ bomblets on the battlefield though

Are there airlaunched missiles with cluster warheads perhaps? I don’t usually care about ballistic missile stuff lmao

1 Like

You never know, Im still finding it quite a laggy gamemode

Ontop of everything else going on at the same time. Maybe?

There is BK90 (Forum Suggestion)

If that is what you mean

I guess the BK90 is kind of like that, just like that weird Skyshark thing lol

What they had in NT were 9M79 Tochkas and MGM-52 Lances apparently and I’m trying to find videos of them actually working during the event right now

Edit: also found M26A2s flying around in that mode, but again, can’t find footage of them working

Edit²: So, I’ve looked at two of MatAWGs videos which featured those cluster weapons and in the first one they straight up didn’t do anything and in the second one the missiles would just hit the ground and spawn a bunch of explosions afterwards

No submunitions at all, so I really can’t tell, if they actually got cluster munitions working during the event lol

1 Like

if you include glide bombs you have AGM-154

1 Like

You know what? For the most part, I agree.

1 Like

C130 was always an option cause there’s an armed one with a ton of air to ground weapons.

1 Like

The howitzer would probably be almost impossible to use, but I love the idea of having a gunship with a 105mm turret

I think the only criticism is it relies on non-bomber players to actually climb and escort.

Perhaps there should be a reward incentive? Like if a bomber destroys a base or gets a kill, fighters within X radius get a percentage of the rp/SL and if a fighter kills an enemy fighter that’s within x radius of the bomber, that fighter gets a bonus too.

1 Like

There are unguided missiles on mi-8-amtsh-vn which are programmable to explode above a gps point to release 25 bomblets each. There can be 100 of them on the heli, meaning 2500 bomblets.

I saw them working, people sometimes asked why already destroyed warehouse was exploding over and over again as if it was a visual bug. Turns out it was cluster munitions. There were multiple explosions all over the warehouse site.

Literally this

Yeah, I’ve come across that effect while watching one of MatAWGs videos

The missile would just hit the ground and disappear, afterwards there would be a bunch of random explosions spawning around the point of impact

1 Like

apparently that was a bug, it got changed again this patch. it seems they intercept it almost every time now.

I hope will see some of the AA like the buk-m1 and such come in as multi vehicle sams in the tech trees along with that more anti ship missiles like exocets for the super etendard, kh-41 for the Su-33, and the A6 is also still missing its harpoons.

We knkw the answer already
NO

They still struggle a lot to intercept harms. I don’t think I’ve had one intercepted today. I did notice they are a bit harder to dodge now.