.50's deserve a buff

I find the concept of 20mm HE shells sharing part damage with 40mm HE shells offensives.

1 Like

I’m not going to argue with you, I will state this once, and only once, BECAUSE OF THE LAWS OF PHYSICS, YEAH, THE ONES YOU LEARNED IN 8th GRADE, WHEN A OBJECT IS UNDER COMPRESSION OF GRAVITATIONAL AND INTERTIAL FORCE, ANY EXCESS PRESSURE APPLIED CAN CAUSE THE OBJECT TO BREAK IN THIS CASE IT IS A AIRCRAFT FUSELAGE AND WING 20mm HAS MORE FORCE, AND THEREFORE TAKES LESS SHOTS TO WEAKEN THE AIRFRAME TO A BREAKING POINT.

Comprénde?

That’s not even mentioning the fact that modern airframes and technology can withstand.50 caliber fire like it’s just a little peashooter.

Please not another “realistic” change. It was really great when they made the missile navigation/control changes for “realism”.

I will second what @Zyranovos has stated and I have stated the same before. When you are in flight there are quite large forces being put on the wing and fuselage. When an explosion occurs on that wing it will exert large amounts of force on that wing on top of normal operational forces. This becomes worse in a turn.

Keep in mind Warthunder does not try to perfectly emulate reality, and gameplay is more important that historical/real world performance.

2 Likes

Remember realshatter? You seriously want that again? Some cannons, such as MG 151/20 still are inconsistent and just deliver “hit” most of the time anyway.

Even then
20mm rounds are far heavier (more energy transferred to target) and they explode (doing more damage) so current 20mm guns are performing normally, or even underperforming for the most part.

1 Like

.50’s deserve a buff?

Yeah it needs “buff”.

If their 50cals are really strong irl like this clip, oost Vietnam War jets would have stuck at .50s lmao

2 Likes

Buff ?

.50 cal is already way past its historical pen values

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been playing 2.7-6.7 Germany, planes absolutely melt to .50 cal, light your engine on fire, rip a wing, I’ve even had my tail ripped clean off from 1 shot, sorry, hit.

I mean M2 50cals are fine imo unless somtimes works RNG and wipe enemy aircraft with single burst but, problem is M3 50cals that is used by most late 1940s to early 1950s are overperforming for somehow.

Yeah they are fine where they are, no need to change .50 cals rn

In this case more realism goes hand and hand with better gameplay.

I’m sorry but Warthunder is 13+
Roblox allows 12 y/os last I checked.

Yeah, because 12- year olds understand fluid dynamics, mechanical engineering, and physics. Or were you talking to yourself?

dang you’re only now learning physics? Someone’s late to the party

It’s okay to project onto others, we understand.

young and slow. took an hour to get past your tears and respond with more cope huh?

No, I was actually busy playing blackjack with my friends.

seems like ChatGPT is being extra slow giving excuses today

Must be, anywho, let’s cut you short of being an average redditor, and let’s actually talk about how the .50’s don’t need a buff.

Oh, yeah, not to mention the fact that LaserDestroy agreed with my factual explanation, while you continue to shun me. Very mature.

“waaa don’t nerf 20mm waaaa!” “ur just uneducated!!!”

Yeah, very factual explanations.