2S38 to 11.0

If only people actually played like that. Seems like almost all of them play like it is a t80 with an auto cannon

I wonder what the protection would look like if you shot it with a round with more than 81mm of pen lol

Thats fair, at least for HSTV lmao.

Now try looking for armour on the OTOMATIC lol.

OTOMATIC, only 12 APDSDS shells = BR 11,3

2s38, 148 shells APDSDS + ability to scout + ability to hit aircraft as well = BR 10

2s38 deserves to be at BR 11.3

10 Likes

Just take it and the HSTV-L’s BRs, switch them, and then I’d be happy.

8 Likes

It has survivability advantage if it can get in time to a spot where it can utilize it’s unmanned turret. Considering it’s mobility is nothing spectacular for it’s BR, it might struggle doing that against other, considerably faster flankers or even some MBTs.

Or OTOMATIC deserves to be way lower than 11.3 ?
How come you never thought about this one ?

3 Likes

I bounced shells using my Leclerc, 2S38s ain’t bouncing.
Gaijin isn’t keeping Strf 9040Cs, HSTVL, and 2S38 “low”.
BMP-2M and M3A3 are only considered under-BR’d by those that haven’t actually thought about things.
None of them can compete at 12.0.

@Hetaeron
OTOMATIC isn’t a light tank, and its ammo pens double that of 2S38’s; OTOMATIC still is over-BR’d though.
Oh, you think OTOMATIC should be 11.7 Strf 9040C to 11.0, and HSTVL to 12.3… lol

2 Likes

poor italy the otomatic and now the arietes

2 Likes

Sorry but your statement makes no sense.
Your 2S38 performance is within your account average, which is a pretty weird thing to have on a vehicle that, in your opinion, should get it’s BR increased by four steps (1.3 in numbers). Either 2S38 isn’t as powerful as you might think, or you’re doing everything in your power to, for some reason, perform badly in a seriously undertiered vehicle.

Let’s be honest here, something that’s 1.3 BR below it’s deserving BR would basically drive itself, curb stomping everything in it’s path.

Italy is probably the worst top tier nation in the game and there seems to be no buffs incoming.

7 Likes

It’s definitely undertiered in terms of the tech it brings, maybe not 11.0 undertiered though.

I suck in it however. I end up spamming shells in the general direction of the enemy and praying, I can never pull off a successful flank.

Arietes have the same explosion chance as T-80, which is accurate. So no, not poor Arietes.
Them having OP ammo storage was wrong, and people had the audacity to complain about T-80s…

1 Like

I doubt the 2S38 is meant to be a good flanker, but anyways, I found it more annoying than an actual threat, mainly because i can shoot darts at 600rpm if i get the first shots, but ever so often i felt that a bvm would be easier to deal with.
Still, with someone who knows what they are doing, the celling is very high. Good side is that there arent many.

We’ve all thought about it… or at least players with a brain, because I’m pretty sure from the old threads I’d read that there are still people who unjustifiably hate OTOMATIC and enjoy seeing it crippled at a high BR.

Do you have any idea how many times the Italian community has reported this problem to the developers? We are talking about years of reporting… and guess what the Gaijin developers have done? We have silence, total and absolute indifference… Gaijin knows very well that they have a high BR, but they don’t care… what they care about is keeping Russian vehicles OP… like keeping 2s38 at BR 10.0.

That last sentence I didn’t understand, if you are referring to me I have someone else, because I didn’t say any of that and if I have to give you an answer none of those vehicles deserve to be at such a high BR.

1 Like

This is what I mean, people will refuse to look at a vehicle’s characteristics and immediately rush to K/D for balancing. If you want your vehicle to be lower in BR then play worse. Gaijin’s balancing is fundamentally broken.

1 Like

The other option is to have gaijin decide the br without looking at stats. We see how that plays out.

That’s an AA though. not really comparable to a light tank.
OTOMATIC also has 311mm pen compared to the 2S38 which has 225mm pen.
OTOMATIC also has more armor on body (but about the same on turret)
But here you go:

Spoiler

@SpeclistMain i choose that one because it shows the difference the best. no point in doing protection maps for like the DM33 since both tanks would be completely green.
But hey, still some differences at 116mm pen:

Spoiler

The 2S38 isn’t even a light tank. So it should be treated the same as the OTOMATIC.

2 Likes

So less SP to spawn?
OTOMATIC only has less APDSFS because it cant fire HE-VT same way as APDSFS so they have to be loaded and carried in other, limiting way.
IRL IIRC its even worse than that.
2S38 doesnt have these minuses.

Yes it should be treated as SPAA and BR increased to match similar SPAA. It’s absurd some vehicles lack their proper designations. With several SPGs being classified as light tanks over their actual destination.

1 Like