2S38 to 11.0

I would love to see how that plays out.

We get a little taste whenever they add a vehicle. The initial br is choosen this way.

Nah I don’t think Gaijin has ever added a vehicle while looking at its features. Look at the Vidar - Gen 2 Thermals and LRF, full 1.0 BR lower than the Brenus the only comparable vehicle with similar features.

Sadly, that was them doing just that. They just suck at it.

Pushing other vehicles up to share the same faith isn’t really advisable. Just because one vehicle is criminally overtiered, doesn’t mean others should follow.

You can easily find many Russian vehicles that are pretty meh or even borderline terrible at their BR, so this is false.

Thinking something is 1.3 BR undertiered means that vehicle should perform way above average when looking at the player’s stats. Honestly, you can’t even see vehicles that are 1.3 BR above you in matches, which implies the difference between X and X + 1.3 vehicles is absolutely massive and that should reflect in everyone’s stats.

Try putting a premium CV 90105 or something like that at 8.7 and you’ll see how much they’ll shred. If someone can’t perform above their average at that setting, I’m sorry but they obviously lack the experience to talk about game balance.

1 Like

Already detailed the advantages of each tank I mentioned in a previous post, I’ll copy paste them here:

HSTV-L pros:

Higher Mobility

Lower Profile

Better Gun Depression

Larger Autoloader Reserve

Slightly Better penetration on APFS-DS

2s38 pros:

Higher rate of Fire

Superior Optics

3rd gen Thermals

Better Post-penetration spall

Better Shell selection

Much Larger Shell Reserve

Laser-Warning Reciever

Better crew Placement

Higher survivability post-pen

Ummanned Turret

Preferable BR placement

Premium Economy modifiers

Track Radar for Aircraft

3 Likes

I assume you mean the ready-rack?

That may be true, but the the 2S38 has a much higher ammunition reserve overall (148 vs. 26)

I added the ammo reserve to advantages the 2s38 has over the HSTV-L

You forgot to add much better gun depression.

False.

False.

Lol.

1 Like

Gun depression I can add to HSTV-L advantages

The spall is correct, the survivability statement is correct, not sure what lol means in this case though.

It isn’t.

Vehicle being premium is now somehow an advantage ?

1 Like

Yes it is, the economic bonus of being a premium is an advantage over not being a premium.

1 Like

HSTV-L can equip a talisman, so you get the same economic bonus.

It wouldn’t be fair to assume all HSTV-Ls will have Talismans on them or people will want Talismans on them, so I’m giving this to the 2s38 as it’s guarenteed to have premium benefits.

So do we add +0.3 to every premium now because it needs to be taken into account as an economical advantage?

2 Likes

2S38 isn’t a free vehicle which is a massive disadvantage on it’s own.
I don’t see why would any of this matter when comparing vehicle performance lol.

1 Like

The other person placed an emphasis on it as it was an advantage, which I stated it does have, I never said it was the primary factor that contributed to the 2s38 being far superior to the HSTV-L.

Because I’m looking at all factors, and it’s still a factor, even if it is a relatively small one compared to things like fire rate, having 3rd gen thermals, survivability, or ammo count.

1 Like

Being premium has no impact on in-game performance of a vehicle, you won’t have boosted stats because of it.
Post-pen survivability surely isn’t better on 2S38 though.

1 Like

In what way is the post pen survivability better on the HSTV-L? it has less interior space, there’s less space for spall to go that won’t hit the crew, and the fuel tank doesn’t protect it to the degree the tank on the 2s38’s does, not to mention hits on the unmanned turret rarely result in significant damage.

1 Like