2S38 needs a BR bump

If you are against top tier players then I suppose these are not noobs anymore and know how to keep they hull down in open maps. Is not going pen against turret quite a lot.

2km, 60 deg.
3UBM22- 186mm
m/01- 160mm
m/90- 134mm

It’s equivalent to the CV9040s.
Just shoot it, it’ll die.

3 Likes

Like I said, the main issues are that when your shot gets messed up due to your connection to the game or the game code, you don’t have a second chance and that the 2s38 is identical to the OTOMATIC and HSTVL in practically every regard and should also have the same BR

3 Likes

No one is going to be engaging at 2km with any autocannon

1 Like

HSTV-L is superior to both 2S38 and OTOMATIC.
And OTOMATIC has superior rounds to 2S38 while having a search radar, so it should be in-between.
OTOMATIC should probably be 10.7 - 11.0 instead of where it is now.

I’m aware 2km is longer, but I don’t have access to the game right now to get 100 meter ranges.
And as long as you’re comparing at same range, it doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

Fix it load mechanic, bring it to higher BR

2 Likes

If it stops being a Soviet CV9040 & gains its correct ammo loading, I support it for 10.3.

1 Like

Mayby you should think about the that 2S38 was orginal design was SPAA and put into ground role as light tank but in WT is possible. The 2S38 is quite okay for the BR now unless you critics complain because you end up getting killed by them.

2 Likes

of course the russian lover defends the 2S38, fact is the 2S38 could be raised another 0.3 at least to 10.3. Lets compare it to the PUMA, higher penetration by a good bit, working anti air and the 2S38 can be just as survivable as the PUMA

4 Likes

Lol, defending the 2S38 = Russian lover and where are you before the 2S38 came out because it was the PUMA that dominate the battlefield as light tank before the 2S38 came out and many people curse the PUMA for low BR.

2 Likes

No , i called you russian lover beause you already defended the Pantsir while agreeing that it is better then the other spaas but dont care about the situation of the other playable nations as long as your own sky is protected and other nations dont have the capability to do it.

Yes, and it continously raised in BR, so what is your point? the same should happen to the 2S38 since it has obvious better capabilities then the Puma, if the Puma actualy gets fixed with armor upgrades and working AHEAD its BR will naturaly increase again as well

3 Likes

If you watch the multiple clips posted on youtube is that Pantsir is not undefeatable by op team in jets and helicopters. I saw F-16C hunting a Pantsir. If you want talk about pantsir do in the pantsir topic and nothe 2S38 topic because it has nothing do with the pantsir.

3 Likes

i answered you why i called you russian lover which is true shrug , of course it is beatable but still way stronger then other nations and gives them an unfair edge. And you are the one seemingly ignoring my valid points why the 2S38 should at least increase to 10.3

2 Likes

Explain in what way the HSTVL is superior to the 2s38.
Here are the rounds pen ingame for 500m at 0° and 60°
XM885: 262 151
3UBM22: 209 121
76/62 APFSDS: 301 174

The fire rate and other general characteristics should also be noted:

The HSTVL has a reload of 1.5 seconds, 26 rounds total with 26 ready fire rounds. It’s thickest armor is 25mm though it’s heavily sloped. It’s heavily compact but also very light, it cruises at around 40kmh getting to that speed in a little over 5 seconds. It has gen 1 thermals, smoke grenades, scout drone, arty, but no tracking of any kind and only the APFSDS round.

The 2s38 has a reload of 0.5 seconds, 148 rounds total with 20 ready fire rounds. It’s thickest armor is 60mm though heavily sloped and some areas has multiple layers stacking on top of each other. It’s decently compact though the crew are in a line at the front in a horizontal line directly behind a fuel tank that would eat spall. It’s also light cruising around 30-40 though it will take longer to get past 30kmh. It’s amphibious, has gen 3 thermals for both gunner and commander and the same light tank equipment the HSTVL has along with a dozer blade and ESS. It also has IRST locking and a variety of rounds, notably the APCBC with only a 9mm fuse being great for light vehicles and a very high velocity HEVT round at 1000m/s with a 6m trigger.

I don’t have access to the OTOMATIC so I can only look at the stats shown. It’s reload is 0.5 seconds with 90 rounds and 29 ready rounds. It’s thickest armor is 70mm though most of it is 35 or less. There is very little sloping on the armor and very spaced out. This thing is also absolutely massive with a huge turret on top and a massive radar on top of that, there’s no hiding or bushing in this thing. It’s crew is spaced out enough that it should be nearly impossible to hit them all with one shot. But it also has a massive breach taking up over half the space in the turret. Based on it’s weight and engine power it should perform similarly to the 2s38, however, it has full forward and backward gears unlike the 2s38 and HSTVL so it has really good reverse speed. It gets access to thermals for only the gunner, can’t check what gen along with some smoke grenades. It has a massive radar that reaches out 16km along with radar lock and IRST locking. It’s also counted as a SPAA so it’s SP cost is lower, however this also means it’s limited in the number of APFSDS rounds it can have. The model shows only 7 but I’m not sure how many. It’s other rounds are a SAPHE with 60mm of pen, though it should be able to overpressure and a HEVT round that travels at 910m/s with a 8m trigger. (Don’t know how Russia managed to make a 57mm lob HE faster than a squeeze bore 76mm but whatever.)

I agree that the OTOMATIC should probably be 10.7 or maybe even 10.3, but the 2s38 should also be 10.7 or it needs it’s unrealistic rounds looked at and then maybe 10.0 or 10.3 would be fine. The HSTVL needs a lot of work done to it to fix some of the inaccuracies it has and then it should probably go to 11.0. The way it is now, it should probably be 10.7

11 Likes

I’ll say my main issue for a 3rd time now:
The armor is trolly with a bad connection and if your shot gets gaijined then you just die because you can get shot 14 times before you reload. Also, it’s practically identical to the HSTVL and OTOMATIC so it should have a similar BR.

I mean, it performs and is plenty used even at 11.7 due to its ludicrous pen, VT shells and fire rate so…

4 Likes

Yeah, probably need a little more defensive play (but its a light tank not an MBT so what do you expect there) But i’ve seen these get plenty of kills at top tier. Not too mention they are exceptionally good at dealing with helis and jets that get too close.

Penetration, size, speed, and optics. Those combined characteristics make it superior to 2S38, whose size is that of a Centurion. 2S38 is a large vehicle as it needs to be to float.
2S38 can never be at or above Otomatic as it is inferior.
Yes, Otomatic is larger, however the penetration & search radar, along with superior proximity round, make up for the largeness.

You realize that the 2s38 has better optics than the HSTVL right? I mean I literally just told you what they were ingame in my last post. If you consider mobility overall, they are identical. A +/-5kmh in average speed isn’t good to change much. Their size is similar, though the HSTVL Is more compact with less armor putting it at a massive disadvantage. Anything that goes through is going to one shot the vehicle. The only thing the HSTVL does better than the 2s38 is the round penetration and only by a insignificant 60-30mm depending on angle. This is practically negated though as the 2s38 fires 3 times faster.

The OTOMATIC is a SPAA by classification ingame so it misses out on all the light tank equipment. I’d even argue that it’s penetration increase isn’t even that relevant as it can only carry 12 rounds; though it’s at the point of really being limited by the compression at top tier. It’s HEVT round, however, is not better than the round in the 2s38. They are both at the size of being able to take pretty much anything down with a single hit (aside from certain Russian jets with broken damage models) and the proximity round on the 2s38 is faster and at a much lower BR so it it’s definitely better. The only thing the OTOMATIC has going for it is the search radar. It can even be kill from machine gun fire from the front as most of the turret is 25mm or less.

6 Likes

2S38 has worse zoom. Better thermals sure, but thermals are only useful on forest maps, and even then gen 1 is enough most of the time.
Size isn’t as similar as you think, 2S38 is massive. HSTV-L is smaller than a T-90 while 2S38 is as large as a Leopard 1/Centurion.

Fire rate doesn’t matter much when HSTV-L fire fast and has significantly more pen.
And yeah, 12 rounds ain’t a lot, but that’s at least 4 kills with a lot of misses.

I see you’ve implied that A-10 & Su-25 are both Russian and have broken damage models when they don’t.
2S38 is not superior to OTOMATIC, I know you feel like I’m insulting one of your favorite Russian tanks, but it’s just not superior.

1 Like