Yugoslav Ground Tech Tree (Including Bosnia, Croatia, N. Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia!)

There is just no way, M-91 is inferior both R3 and SUB-I-II in pretty much every aspect.

My source states, M-91 weighs 9.2 tons, powered by license-built 75hp engine and armed with M75 20mm Auto-Cannon which is license-built Hispano-Suiza HS.804, although some secondary sources claims it is Yugoslav M55 20mm Auto-Cannon.

M-91 would have 8.1hp/t, non-stabilized 20mm auto-cannon and top speed of whopping 40 km/h. On the other hand, R3 has 27.9 hp/t, 95hp engine with top speed of 115 km/h and armed with stabilized 20mm auto-cannon. Even armor of R3 outclasses M-91 though it is irrelevant.

I don’t know exact properties of M55 but it is slightly inferior to M75/HS.804 and Oerlikon KAD. M75/HS.804 as far as I’m aware exactly same gun with KAD.

So, I don’t see how M-91 can be 5.3 let alone 6.7. It does not have stabilized gun, no night/thermal sight, amphibious capabilities or high mobility. Highest Battle Rating I could see 2.0, even so it would be outclassed by Sd.Kfz.222. Only similar vehicle I would see is Ab 41.

2 Likes

how old is the vehicle and most of the tech it used in question prior to being turned into the Strasko?

Book covers vehicles built between 1991-1995 so I would say around same time ? If I’m not mistaken Torpedo, GTR-75A’s producer, started building 1975 so it cannot be older than that. Hispano-Suiza’s 20mm dates back to 1930s but I don’t really know the I introduction date of the specific model. Engine also in similar position, it’s a Deutz 75hp engine that’s all know about it.

So the vehicle is at least 15-20 years old prior to being turned into the Strasko with the possibility that the Torpedo, GTR-75A used components that is older than the vehicle design itself (aside from the autocannon) and/or used older technology (Mid 1970’s vehicle that for the most part uses technology from the 1960’s or older).

Well I could not find information regarding production date of GTR-75A. Closest date I could find is Torpedo’s first tractor production which is 1975. M75 and M55’s production is probably first started around 1950s.

I think this is pretty much the case.

1 Like

I said that instead of Israel, Yugoslavia should be added as a TT.

2 Likes

Both. Both trees good. Israel is a thing, they added it first, most likely because it needed less effort but oh well, it’s the devs’ choice.
Whatever they add next will also need to be easy to implement as well, that is, bringing a lot of copypasta with some unique stuff mixed in ( not saying that Israeli TT is not unique btw, it took a lot of time to get it fleshed out though).

+1 and since VISMOD tanks with functional weapons are now considered viable additions, I think this Croatian T-55 with a Leopard 1 VISMOD would make for a nice premium.

6 Likes

I somehow forgot the post the image with mine flail visible. Again, would be nice premium.

M18 (FAP13 Engine)

There is also this monstrosity, M18 fitted with FAP13’s engine with swapped engine compartment. According to Wikipedia Page, FAP13 had either 130 or 145 horsepower engine. This M18 would have power-to-weight ratio of 7.3 hp/t, if it used 130 hp engine, or 8,1 hp/t, if it used 145 engine. In both case, it would have lower power-to-weight ratio than Dicker Max and Sturer Emil. Kind of depressing, but still could be a low tier addition.

1 Like

Response for @lLiberté

Spoiler

We try to keep more traditional technicals out of the trees as much as possible in order to show that Yugoslavia would have good potential in game without having to resort to them.
Nevertheless, I spoke to the fellow tree creators and we agreed that M15 could indeed be replaced with something more domestic.

We will look into the vehicles you provided for an M15 replacement as well as some not mentioned, though it is not 100% certain whether the M15 will indeed get replaced. We’ll see.

As for the M18s you provided, it is likely that the IMCV hellcat will be added in the unused vehicles list, but if enough people agree we could also incorporate it into the tree. Perhaps as a replacement for the regular M18 in order to remove a copy/paste vehicle in favour of a more unique one?
The M18 with FAP engine is already present in the big tree though. It can be found in rank II at 3.0 in the light vehicles line.

Response for @DMYEugen

Spoiler

This could indeed make for a fun addition!
I am not quite sure how to present it though, considering that rank VI already has some other fitting premiums.
Perhaps add a second premium line for the big tree or add it as a premium in the realistic one?

I also wonder about the purpose of this vehicle. Do you perhaps know?

3 Likes

Tech Tree already has quite numerous unique vehicles, I don’t think addition of in/ex-service copy-paste vehicle would harm the tree that much. Looking at at BR range, it would be nice to have a strong premium. Though as you said, you could also replace current one, this also would work.

I’m kind of a blind, sorry about that one.

1 Like

No worries! Nothing to be sorry about!

I was thinking that it could perhaps also be a possibility for the big tree to add the M18A2 in a folder with the regular M18 and then make the IMCV variant a premium instead?

I’m not exactly sure. Most people seem to believe that it’s an OPFOR VISMOD made for training, however, it also could have been a modification done in the same vein as the T-34-85 or PT-76 with added rubber armor. I’ll look into it more when I have time.

The photo shows one of the first T-55A tanks from the Croatian 4th Guards Brigade that was protected with conveyor belt pieces taken from a local cement plant in December 1992. The German camouflage and Bundeswehr cross were painted to further support Serbian speculations that the Croatians had acquired Leopard 1 tanks from Germany. The claims arose in the second half of 1991 when a (possibly very drunk) Serbian soldier confused an M36 for a Leopard 1 in Kupres and the story got into the press as a sensation.

I think it would make for a neat premium in the Yugoslav TT…

3 Likes

This history just makes it even better. So it technically was a VISMOD just not an OPFOR one.

2 Likes

Isn’t VISMOD used for training purposes only?

1 Like

VISMOD just means “Visual Modification” or “Visually Modified”, generally for the purposes of making something look like something else, meaning that a vehicle with random bits of added protection doesn’t count. Since this T-55 was made to support claims that Croatia received Leopard 1s, it fits that definition. You really only see VISMODs used for training so often because I’m pretty sure using them for combat, at least ones representing enemy vehicles, is a warcrime or something.

5 Likes

btOUFwK

9 Likes

The devs know it’s inevitable now. LESS GO

2 Likes

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

We’ll all be disappointed by some Indian tech tree if we don’t stay cautiously optimistic at most 😉

3 Likes