Your SPAA Wishlist for the Next War Thunder Update!

Still better than the Shilka though? Unless they remove the APDS I guess.

1 Like

A premium high BR spaa would be nice, for any other country than Russia.

1 Like

That’s a horrendous idea. There’s way too many gaps in SPAA to start locking them behind pay walls.

1 Like

Variations like the m1128 and m1128 Wolfpack that are literally the same thing would be cool

Like a premium LAV-AD with some camo and a vismod

I can recommend a lot of these wonderful suggestions. The Shermablitz looks absolutely stupid and I love it, while the rapid-firing big guns would double as wonderful Ersätz TDs to give other nations things similar to the ZSU-57/2 and PT-57. The Flaktub also looks hilarious.

I also agree that SPAAGs need their own separate gunsights. However, with the, shall we say, limited ability of the average player to make use of AA (especially spraying & praying from way too far out to do anything), I also think that SPAA without radars in RB should get a short range lead marker like Arcade does, out to no more than 1.5km on an aced crew. Planes get insane precision with mouse aim and can fly unrealistically due to it and 3rd-person camera, hence SPAAG get a lead marker to compensate unrealistic flight patterns of their prey with far higher accuracy.

I also think every last one of the nerfs to SPAAG armor-piercing belts’ composition or limiting AP(FS)DS ammo stocks should be removed. For simple gameplay’s sake - an AA has to leave their spawn to be seriously useful to their team defending tanks near the front. But by driving there, they are 8-10x more likely to run into a tank on the way and need to be able to kill it at least from the sides reliably. Some AAs are missing their best anti-tank rounds entirely.

40mm Bofors guns (both barrel lengths) lack APDS. 37mm Flak lacks APCR. The Chinese ZSU-57/2 lacks APCR.

Idk, if they remove the APDS thatd suck though, but thats not worth a whole BR up, considering every other 35mm’s BR

But thatd do nothing for the game

Well, then you could bring not one but TWO LAV-ADs in a match :D

3 Likes

Italian Tree.
Semovente M15/42 Antiaereo with a hell of a lot more ammo. Put it at 4.7 or 5.0 .Move that silly Leopard to 6.0 where we all know it is going anyway or just get rid of it and swap them over.

It’s pretty interesting. Submitted for the DIVAD competition against the XM247, it proved far superior to the Sergeant York, shooting down 15 helicopters to the York’s 8 and at longer range. This was, however, before the introduction of M822 HE-VT.
It’s certainly not on a worse chassis than the Gepard- M48A5 has got better armour and similar mobility (the Gep gets a worse engine than normal Leos).
The radar is a derivative of that on the Phalanx CIWS and the 35mms could fire 1100RPM combined from a 600 round belt. It also featured a LRF.
However, it doesn’t seem to have a very good max elevation which would be a pretty big issue for an SPAA. I see it as 8.3 material or mayyybe 8.7 depending on ammunition loadout.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m247.htm

5 Likes

Lol. I already have like 3-4 SPAA I bring at 10.3. Id just rather have them focus on bringing and actual SPAA we need and not premium like the Stinger and Raduster for lowtier, XM246 for 8.0-8.3, and another top tier.

They really should relabel the XM1069 to SPAA again. It only has 8 rounds and its not tandem

I think premium SPAAs is opening a god awful pandoras box

They should remove apds from gepard first

There is no need to use it to fill any gaps at all, thats just your idea.

So instead of filling the huge SPAA gaps some trees have, Gaijin should make premium SPAA at tiers which already have SPAA?

2 Likes

Terrible idea. Just more pay to lose shit.

1 Like

You mean just like they do already with everything else? Why would this be any different? Dont kid yourself. You take this game too seriously for having played very little.

Just because they already do a bad practice with one thing doesn’t mean they should start with another.

Also I’ve been playing since 2013, what?

2 Likes

Two manpads on a toyota Land cruiser 70.

7 Likes

Thanks but no.

Who put you charge ?