Your post has been hidden by community flag

did it get marked for being off topic

The new forum uses Discourse forum system, which is developed by American developers. Comments being hidden automatically when they are flagged 3 times is a built-in feature and has nothing to do with Gaijin.

3 Likes

If it was removed then that was done by the mods. A flag comment only disappears after 30 days.

No that’s definitely not how it works.

It’s incredible how uncommon basic reading comprehension skills are these days.

So posts can be hidden by users reporting them. You can unhide them by editing them, but then they can be flagged again.

1 Like

Yes, to be fully removed it has to be done either by a mod or after 30 days of it being flagged

One of the worst features to be included in the new forum structure - Easily abused by trolls and dishonest people that want to censor all their detractors.

6 Likes

Well done, I’m glad you finally managed to understand what we are talking about.

The number 3 is the default. They can change it to a different number of flags required to hide a post. We don’t know if they’re using the default value or not.

Abusers are a problem for sure.
At least when an off-topic or inappropriate post I make gets flagged, I delete it or remove the offending portion.

There are too many people that think they’re being censored because they don’t address the off-topic or inappropriate nature of their posts, & then get rightfully flagged for a 2nd time cause they left the insults/off-topic/forbidden language in their post instead of editing it out or deleting the post.

2 Likes

Basically this.

Everything might gets flagged and hidden. So say something 3 guys dislike → hidden. I’ve just had 2 messages automatically hidden, this mechanic is broken and should be removed. Free speech

This is a website, a private property entity.
Gaijin does not promise free speech.
And your most recently flagged post has you threatening to wrongfully flag staff, or harass staff.
Maybe it’s that context which had another player flag your post & not because they dislike you?

2 Likes

Staff must acknowledge the game/forum problems. My intention was to have them realising how broken and frustrating this feature is.

Politics, insults, threats, obscene language, divisive language…

The one obviously abused post: Your post has been hidden by community flag - #4 by _Baum
And of course OP.

The rest of the posts are sus to obviously rule breaking tho, so IDK.

1 Like

Someone always thinks something is egregious, yet I never see people actually argue otherwise, they just flag it, supposedly, it’s abusing the system that supposedly cannot be abused.
The selection of posts that gets hidden is also very interesting.

4 Likes

Exactly my thoughts.

1 Like

I think so, it just gets shoveled under the same thing, because I have never seen a moderator action on this forum, despite them being all over the place on the old forum.

2 Likes

This thread is going to be hilarious to read in 30 days when all the hidden posts are deleted because none of you are appealling, just saying.

3 Likes