XM800T: Brave Prowess

enough of this offtopic

3 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to this one for a long time and here it is!

Thank you so much!

Very excited to see this in-game! Hopefully it’s around 7.3/7.7.

?? What offtopic (I’m lazy to scroll)

So it’s the M601 API-T round, it’s a tungsten core AP basically that’s 111g, with an 85.5g core that has an MV of 1100m/s. Here’s its pen if it’s APCR
And if it’s AP

3 Likes

It certainly looks like APCR

And I just remembered that the R3 T20 has M601 HVAP in-game. Your numbers match, which is quite cool.

1 Like

That’s… actually good to be honest

Considering that the LAV-AD has a sort of similar pen with its SAP round, you basically have a similar damage profile (but not output) at a considerably low BR (my bet is between 7.3 and 7.7 since it will realistically fill the gap between the T92 and the M551)

Amazing mobility,good pen,fully stabilised and LRF,man this thing will be nasty

I’d still rather have APDS…

1 Like

Depends on what BR gap they want it to fill

I think it will be good either way. It’s a fast scout that doubles as AA, which is quite nice.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s going to be really really bad at any BR over 3.0. AP/APCR of that caliber does basically no damage

Well yeah,if it faces the usual 7.3/7.7 shenanigans, APDS is needed when facing heavy tanks

But we just witnessed how the Fox broke Hell at 7.0,and even now at 7.7 is very strong with its APDS round. Having basically a better Fox at the same BR not only is a death sentence for the Fox,but another death sentence for the tanks at that BR.

My guess? 3 belts: Standard with a 1:1 ratio of HEFI-T and API-T, Armored with a 3:1 ratio of API-T/HEFI-T and air targets with a 3:1 ratio of HEFI-T/API-T, just like the Vulcan on the M163

In the devblog it is worded “belts”,meaning it is not a single continuous belt bur rather different magazines with definite belts,meaning you can bring 2 types of ammo maximum.

1 Like

the APCR is so bad it can barely even penetrate most mid WW2 mediums from the side

1 Like

That’s true, but it’s rank five so I’m guessing T92 and m551 so that’s 7.0+ right there

Yeah.

That’s what I’m worried about

If it gets the TOW they mentioned it might be decent at the 7.7 area otherwise it’ll just be another DOAmobile

1 Like

Ok I’ve thought this over a little and I’m gonna say I’m in favor of APDS.

We’re talking about this change in terms of flat pen:

57mm < 66mm

That’s 9mm extra. It’s not gonna suddenly become OP with APDS but it will make it less frustrating to play. If it sits at 7+ BR I think it needs this.

Any angle or overlapping plates will dissapear you hvap into the void, APDS is a bit more consistent.

2 Likes

Oh yeah

It’s expected. The M601’s core weighs approx 78g and has a diameter of probably 10-12 mm. It’s expected that shooting a side of a heavy tank with an autocannon round this small and made of a brittle material like Tungsten Carbide makes the penetration not certain.

Wayyyy too high, AMX-10P has the APDS and is 6.0

4 Likes

What US needs is mid tier SPAA.

2 Likes