Xi'an JH-7, History, Performance & Discussion

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/RNWBKRO87y15

Alright, already made the second report, hopefully they acknowledged my argument this time

He answered and closed the proposal but I did not understand the answer I sent a picture carrying four missiles they are supposed to be heavier on the same comment points

5 Likes

If the price of getting 4xKh-29T is getting BR 11.7, then I’d rather not have it.
I’m not an active land combat player, but I know that the MiG-27M/K and Su-25T/TM can only carry 2xKh-29. This also means that if the JH-7A gets 4xKh-29, it will inevitably go to 11.7. This will force it to fight F-14s, Mirage 2000s, and even MiG-29s and F-16s in the air combat game more often than it does now. It’s in the BR 11.3 that it’s an aircraft that, while not powerful enough, has excellent short-range missiles and sustained turning capabilities, can do a lot. But in BR 11.7 it will undoubtedly become a liability for the team.
The JH-7A currently in the game lacks instantaneous directivity and has a large turning radius, but it has very good sustained turning capabilities. At 500-600kmh, it has almost the same TRT as the MiG-23MLD, which is very good in BR 11.3. In fact, I noticed that most players are not good at using 2c maneuvers and doing rate fights. The MiG-23MLD is an excellent dogfighting fighter, but few people attempt to use it for dogfighting. They are more interested in aircraft with excellent turning radius and directivity, such as the J-7E, rather than conducting rate fights… This is also the reason why the dog fighting performance of the JH-7A is underestimated.

1 Like

I respect your point of view a lot but the problem is that it plays with the highest ones by almost 99 percent so there is no difference but it will be better with four missiles than two since it can historically carry 4 missiles

1 Like

Hey, does anyone have any evidence that China at any point received Kh-29L’s in their inventory? I’d like to make a suggestion that the JH-7A could get them, but it would be a lot easier if I had direct evidence that China was in possession of them

Lets not forget is a strike aircraft first not an air superiority fighter

Neither is the A-10, AMX, A-6E, etc.

i hadnt seen a dedicated report for the C-704, so i made one in an attempt to push the devs to consider it as a future weapon, and support would be appreciated:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/DZb3sh6Fqr8U

3 Likes

If anyone has good sources on the C-704KD, pls Send them to me

Chinese JH7A lacks auxiliary external fuel tank // Gaijin.net // Issues

1 Like

Made another report for missing weapons, this time about the C-701/YJ-7 as it has a TV guided variant that would be beneficial to top tier china rn

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/YO4dFQbzyLTt

1 Like

why no kd-88 and ussr get kh-38x

cause its russian SU25

1 Like

I know but it’s 11.7 and jh-7A 11.7 too and I have a video of the su-25 has a thermal pod in the craft itself and can kill 4 tanks from the airfield

Assuming an JH-7 ADV:
As is well known, the JH-7A can carry ARH missiles. If there are no J-11B and J-10, JH-7A will be responsible for air defense tasks…
未曾(×) 曾经(√)设想过的道路——飞豹ADV 及末代战斗轰炸机空战机动性简评 - 知乎 (zhihu.com)

总结

2516173ADF7E86701B7718BA9324CA33
1581206660_2e37a16b2590f1b39dcc7085094e92cd
ba74b410366b403a886fdb536e6b39c0

1 Like

This is already denied by gaijin. They said its not clear whether its a ARH missile or a Anti radiation missile.

This is just their sophistry, the ability of JL-10A radar to use ARH missiles is beyond doubt.
Various ASM themselves require TWS guidance to start seeker to find targets during the final phase, not to mention that LD10 and SD10 themselves are variants of the same thing, the hanger is also the same LDF105.

总结

An old pylon design reveals the original name of PL12: AMRAAM-10, while also revealing the use of PL9 series in J10.
Despite being obscured by wing, we can still know pylon full name LDF105.

This aircraft is now placed at the entrance of the headquarters of AVIC.

LD10

In other words, there is no hardware limitations for launch ARH missile. Just because Gaijin’s consideration of game balance.
I hope that one day when we receive the JH-7A2 for launching ultra long range missiles and anti radiation missiles, we can receive JH-7A2’s own PL-12 or another ARH missiles at the same time.

4 Likes

I’m making a bug report on the Chinese LS-6 GPS bombs. I found photos showing that the JH7A, J8F and the JF 17 used their bombs, but I couldn’t find any photos for the J10
05f11ae077d1b9756f355c2f577d98dc39110025_2_1000x666

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/EQcCthxzfFDI
maximum support would be nice

3 Likes

JH-7A auxiliary air intakes error

The auxiliary air intakes of other aircraft is open, only the JH-7A’s auxiliary air intakes is closed, which needs to be fixed.

issue link:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/wgQgF5dcSmsh

Forwarded, cheers.

3 Likes