Wrong radar range for the AN/APG 63(V)1

In game the AN/APG 63(V)1 on the F-15C MSIP II has a range of 120 km’s identical to the radar range of the first F-15. It should have around 160-180 km’s of range for the AN/APG 63(V)1.
And if i am not mistaken it should be an X or K band radar not I.

8 Likes

I don’t think that it should be the same radar as the AN/APG 63 on the F-15A. Why produce it if it’s the same :)

Should also get a tall search pattern.

The flight manual for the F-15C and D.

1 Like

This looks good, I’m tired manual setting radar when BVR, if I can use tall search pattern it would more easy to fly.

Should try a bug report:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder?from-ts=1701388800&to-ts=1719788399

I wouldnt say no to more search patterns. I think the FA2 may have had some more as well. But I wouldnt be surprised if most aircraft had similar such search patterns (and even if they didnt, maybe they should add some to the 2 seaters like the F3 and F-14 to “simulate” a back-seater moving the radar about)

1 Like

Everytime, more is better. Even if those might not be any better. They are there :)

1 Like

Yep, no such thing as too many options. (though I might need a second keyboard just to have enough space for the all the radar controls that could come eventually /s)

1 Like

Any luck with this? I was also wondering why the F-15C’s radar in-game is pretty much the same as the A’s except with TWS.

They labeld it as fixed last night. I will check soon

1 Like

Have they fixed the range?

nah they didn’t. It is still 120km

1 Like

Aw man 😔

Compared to the APG-63(V)1 radar on the F-15C in FC3, the radar performance of the F-15C in War Thunder not only has a significantly shorter detection range but also lacks various air-to-air modes.

2 Likes

I know. That’s why i bugged reported and it got “fixed” but i can’t seem to find anything new or diffrent on it

2 Likes

I also glanced at it last night, but I don’t have the full client on the dev server. They might push it on the next Dev update.

Yeah. They added some patterns and a wide tws scan but no range increases. Yall can check everything in the bug report

1 Like