(WIP) Modern IR (FOX2) Missile - History, Performance & Discussion

as far as I remember, the maximum level of the achieved G is 75.Not 120

Is there any evidence for this? Any source is welcome

The same as yours

Yes, I already said that the figures for some missiles are taken from the internet. That’s why I said to take the 3 missiles in the table with a grain of salt.

And, I agree with your comment about the turning radius, but from my memory, 60g for IRIS-T is official from Diehl Defense. I also think 100g is not impossible due to the too high speed of ASRAAM.

x.com Ground launched ASRAAM. You get a indication of its high manoeuvrability as it launches near vertical and arches down from a relatively steep angle to hit the target

2 Likes

not very special tbh. https://youtu.be/orJujPH83jk?si=haBZGUqpTrt_bI7v&t=65 here’s a SAMP/T launch, which, afaik, does not have thrust vectoring either

Hot damn the speed is impressive.

The difference here being the ASRAAM is firing at something extremely close. The SAMP/T is firing up and going in a straight line the ASRAAM is firing up and instantly arching back down

the samp/t started pitching over after about 1 sec and was done pitching over after about 1.5-2 sec. if it was firing at something close it would’ve continued and done the same thing as the asraam, potentially even quicker

Nice video !
Definitly feel like the Asraam is a mach3+ missile.

Look like the Asraam migth be a 70G missile after all (so it does uses dual plane). Feel like the 100G value is still too high tho.

It’s still probably one of the least maneuveuring 5gen missiles.
Since it doesn’t have a thrust profile optimised for HOBS shots.

What do you mean it’s not optimised at high off bore sight? It can literally launch at aircraft directly behind

I meant that the thrust is not optimised, not the seeker. I know it can engage target behind. But its thrust is a very high boost speed straigh off the rail.
The Python 5/Iris-T have low thrust at the start so they are able to turn more effectively at low speed.
So the turn radius and the 180* Time is worse than other 5gen missile (probably around 4sec) but it’s still able to do them.

Added the missile! 👍

^^

You don’t have a picture for the Piranha.

1 Like

I’ve made a google sheets for all the values of the missile in the thread.
If you want to make direct comparaison between missile then it’s easier that way.
I’ll add the FOX 3 missile from the other thread in the futur.

I added a new turkish missile: the Bozdoğan.
Unfortunatly since it’s very new (only started production this year) there’s really not a lot of information on it.
If you got any sources giving more characteristics then please respond to this comment so i can upgrade my thread on the only turkish FOX 2 missile!

*Only asking for OPEN SOURCE information :)

1 Like

Does everyone know if the RB-74M really existed?

I know the RB-74 is just the swedish designation of the AIM-9L (and it went into service extensively)
But the RB-24M (swedish designation of the AIM-9M), never saw anything about it or even mentionning it.
Is it a real export AIM-9M that sweden bough or just a balancing thing that Gaijin has done because the Gripen with 6 AIM-9L would be DOA?

This is a Balance-somewhere at the exhibition there was an RB-74 rocket with improved data…they conditionally gave it the name RB-74M…

Spoiler

Снимок экрана 2023-12-09 023531

2 Likes

I found a document saying that americans refused selling them the Mike model so they asked the Germans for the Li version, for the sake of sweden’s balance I hope that purchase happened.

1 Like