Why it's so hard to get hellfire in ah6m

In the PvE battles it takes ages to get a modification of hellfire with AH-6M, and also other helicopters got every mod and they can take out every target easily meanwhile I get sniped by gepards. Isn’t it possible to get it easier? Would it be unfair?

1 Like

Where exactly are you at on the modification tier? A couple tips to help is ALWAYS use boosters whenever possible when going in to HeliPVE. A of people aren’t aware that they work in there for both RP and SL. Make sure to do your once a day assault ground to get a booster for free to use. Air Assault also gives you a booster.

With that said the Littlebird is by far my favorite US heli but unfortunately it doesn’t have a lot of options for PVE. Even with 4x Hellfire it can still be painful competing against others with much more ordinance. I found the best set up for the mode is using the APKWSII guided rockets. Now that you have CCIP for them they are MUCH easier to use and don’t really take too long to learn them inside and out. You can hit and kill the AA from up to 10km away ( 2km more than hellfire) after you get good with them and this gives you 14x instead of just 4 Hellfires.

Until you get to that point I would let the others take care of AA and use your Hydras and m134s to take care of the cleanup duties. The AKPWSII are not sufficient enough to take care of heavily armored tanks but they are plenty sufficient to take care of everything else. They also fly a little to faster flying straight compared to Hellfires. Best of luck to you and feel free to ask if you have any questions. I play the crap out of heli PVE and have gotten it down to a science now

1 Like

Grind is horrible, BR is unjustified, 12.7 rotor machine gun sprays around the target with little to no chance to hit it.

This thing should be rebalanced to 10.0 with modifications reorganization.

So sad that balancer massacred this vehicle.

In GRB you have 600 battles on AH-6M with 39% winrate and only 200 ground kills, Karl! This is a perfect example that “to like is not same as to perform”.

Generally sad for console players since WT is not suits this platform well: 39% winrate in realistic battles for all time, oh deer oh deer…

1 Like

Ah that’s cute. That’s GRB and when I started fresh with helicopters. I can guarantee you that you wouldn’t come close to that. And while we are on the subject of stats. Funny how your failed to mention where I stand in actual helicopter modes. Go ahead and look further into my stats a hole and you would see I am 400th overall out of the entire WT community. GRB was a shit show with very low success rate due to me using only hydras the entire time. If you are gonna try to stat shame someone then maybe next time try to do it a little better yeah? Again… You wouldn’t come close to that doing it how i did pal… Not remotely close and for the record if there was a way to see recent stats you would see a different story. But its ok… I wouldnt think someone who resorts to stat shaming someone over a topic of discussion in forums to understand that.

Whats sad is you didnt adapt and learn how to play it correctly. Its fine at 10.3 and you just never bothered going through the hell like i did to actually learn it probably because you care about your stupid stats too much to bother instead of putting the work in regardless. But keep the stat shaming going buddy you are going places.

This is the result after. Not too bad for a “38%” player if I say so myself. I like to get up close and personal with enemies and not stay back from safety in fear of my oh so precious k/d ratio gets harmed. All of that is meaningless and one day youll understand that.

1 Like

Interesting, but no minigun usage and most maps get flattened (map on the vid too).

Main point: there no reason to have 2 similar helicopters at same 10.3 BR while AH-6M being weaker due to missing AAMs and scope placement in compare with OH-58D. The most obvious thing to do is to place it at 10.0 to complement it’s 10.0 GRB USA setup and you still would play it literally the same way, even better.

I agree with the 10.3 statement. Personally I use both with the Littlebird purely for first spawn shenanigans (suffered many deaths learning I’ll add but now guaranteed at least a kill and help with caps/chokepoints) and I’ll use the OH-58 purely for hellfire stuff (barely ever i just don’t find that any kind of fun myself).

1 Like

First of all: neat flying
Second: Rocket rushing is essentially suicidal even if you do as much as possible to mitigate the angles you can get shot from. It can be fun but it’s just not viable as a legit strat, 600 battles for 200 kills kind of demonstrates (this is not a personal attack, I think I managed something worse using the AH-1S for rocket rushing recently)

I think just giving it stock 2x AGM-114s like the OH-58 would at least make it possible to grind the other mods in PvE or use it out of the box in RB.

Foldering it with the Kiowa wouldn’t be a bad idea, same with the Mi-24 V/P and Bo-105s

1 Like

I agree with you to a degree. Keep in mind I went straight in without any helicopter experience at all and learned how to fly em and use rockets at the same time. It was… a freaking brutal long month of me absolutely getting smashed. But then I started getting a kill here and there and even though I sucked at the time I was still actually having fun in the process. Now after all that is done and over with I am pretty darn good at first spawn with the littlebird and thats the only heli I do it with really but I have tried both styles and the first spawn is BY FAR the best way of going about it soley because of the lack of AA and element of surprise. Now its starting to gel real nice and its great being able to help my team at them initial chokepoints on certain maps.

In regards to the 2x Hellfires for PVE have you gotten a chance to use the formely known as useless AKPWSii yet after they gave us CCIP to use with them? They actually work very well with both the Kiowa and Littlebird especially for PVE to get mods quicker. I highly suggest anyone struggling with PVE aspect with either of these two helis to givve them another go now that they are pretty decent and much easier to use. Now its much more easier hitting AA from further ranges than hellfires with just a tad over 10km being my longest kill with them in PVE>

why are you playin PVE battles?

1. Because I enjoy them

2. Because I like getting 700k SL quickly every match

3. Why are you worrying or even questioning what someone plays?

4. Because I thoroughly enjoy getting KA50s pissed off and quit after they realize they can’t keep up with my Apache.

5. Because that’s the fastest way to get my helicopters spaded.

They were alright even prior to CCIP but since the update that added much more internals on Vehicles like the Gepard and 2S38 the rocket just gets eaten by the gun radar and electronics most of the time.

fun believe it or not

1 Like

Hmm I haven’t really had any issues with them not one tapping any of the AA yet. 'Knocks on wood".