Why is the Stormer HVM so bad?

Any clouds on the map give the Stormer a -85% tracking range debuff.

Thats called whataboutism. One op trash gets resolved everyone goes “ok but what about x…”
Nah so what? One less op trash is good, 2s38 also got a huge nerf and yall still complain

Because the 2S38 is still OP. An auto canon that can basically one shot anything with no reload time is a powerful weapon. The only thing that has changed is that it no longer tanks 120mm shells

Nice exaggeration right there. Anything is op when you exaggerate their capabilities

1 Like

I got 1 tapped through my front armour in a challenger 2. Been 1 tapped plenty of times in a challenger 1.

There is nothing in the British TT that can tank more.than 1 or 2 rounds from the 2S38. If you are struggling to 1 tap a challenger 2, then you have terrible aim

2 Likes

I got 1 tapped by a soviet t-34 in my m1a1.

More of a british tank issue rather than a 2s38 op issue

There is still 0 reason why the 2s38 is 10.0 other than the fact it’s a premium soviet vehicle. If it was anywhere else it would be 10.7 easily

2 Likes

Nice opinion, however i do not care how you think the 2s38 is op.

And I do not care that you think starstreaks were OP first spawn. They weren’t. Just soviet mains got mad they couldn’t ka50 rush with impunity

10 Likes

Too bad, gaijin agreed with it and removed it. Go seethe somewhere else

And Gaijin agreed with the entire community and nerfed the hell out of the Mig23 and 2S38.

Ka50 and Ka52 are next on the chopping block next major update 😂

And? I don’t mind. Now they see the mig23 and 2s38 to be not op anymore. I literally wouldn’t even care if they got nerfed into oblivion. And they still see 2s38 as worthy of 10.0.

1 Like

They all still need more nerfs. Still 10.7 worthy, they were 11.3 worthy before

Nice opinion, however idc.

Weird flex but okay. Don’t need to air your skill issues in public like this.

8 Likes

People have been throwing around “comparable to 40mm ammunition when used against ground targets” so I’d expect at least 50 to 60mm at point blank.

Getting 1 tapped by a 2s38 is the same, skill issue lol.

Cope

1 Like

I remember calculating the penetration of just the AP tip measured by a cutaway with Gaijin’s DeMarre formula a while back in this thread and it still reached ~60mm ignoring all of the dart behind it. 30mm is woefully low.

2 Likes

Is there anything that can be done to make stormer easier to use in the <3km range? Doesn’t the thingo sort out its own tracking once the target gets covered in the silly laser square?

“But Ka 52 is actually a struggle because it isn’t agile and the missiles sometimes don’t work”

That aside, 52 is fun, but it’d be more fun with credible defenses to fly against. Though 2s38 is a bit fucked, really don’t get how it and the HSTVL (This thing is not okay fighting 10.3s) are not deemed necessary of 11.7.