Why is the Stormer HVM so bad?

Works like 90% of the time, phasing still seems to happen, but most of the time they work well

4 Likes

Starstreaks are particularly affected by desync. they are basically unusable for anyone with a high ping.

1 Like

So close yet so far

Stormer clearing the sim from pests

AAAAND
SPADED

Now im ready for the LMM

5 Likes

Omg.

Omg omg omg.

Gonna try it later!

1 Like

So the stormer seems much better now. The missiles phasing through stuff is now an uncommon occurrence instead of the missile’s default state. I am really enjoying it rn.

Yeah stormer is now spontaneously working better, my only complaint is that the IRST is still utterly wrecked by clouds even when there are none between the target and you.

2 Likes

After playing quite a bit since phase through is now minimal, the problem is how utterly pathetic the lock/optical radar is.

If you are on a map that has anything greater than virtually zero clouds your optical radar and lock range is substantially reduced. This gets to the point that on average you’re looking at only being able to detect and lock aircraft/helicopters at 3-4km whilst they can still lock you outside of this range.

If you are on a map with say 60%+ cloud coverage than your lock/detect range is closer to 1-2km which makes you functionally worthless against most things still given the stormers effective dead zone. It’s extremely egregious given that this applies to aircraft flying between you and clouds so you can clearly visibly see the plane and it refuses to lock.

I was not able to lock an F4 phantom taking up almost half of my zoomed in scope at a range of 1.5km (was 0.9km away before it finally let me lock). This is ridiculous and needs fixed.

https://streamable.com/a3mvaa

Exhibit A.

3 Likes

It truly makes me wonder, are IR trackers truly that susceptible for clouds?
where clouds?

Where?

WHERE?

And finally, Where?

Last 2 are stormer, no clouds there

3 Likes

Depends on their mode of operation ( basic IR vs IIR). for example the AN/ALR-23 off the F-14A, which is a basic IR system can spot stuff from a long way away, depending on Aspect angle.

IIR basically depends on contrast, thus the absolute temperature of the target (and it’s inherent
specular emissions) and the NEΔK (noise equivalent temperature difference) of the detector. which in this relevant paper was listed at 25 millikelvin, and of note is Figure 13.(PDF Page # 13) which notes detection ranges of a prop plane at 14 and 10 nmi respectively, which correlates with the ALR-23 data.

This was added or not? I can’t see it in the game. Ozelot probably has it too.

TSA 1400 VSHORADS DIGITAL IFF INTERROGATOR: https://web.archive.org/web/20060311113641/http://www.thalesgroup.com/land-joint/portfolio/pdf/tsa_1400.pdf

Doesn’t have its IFF yet, but has been reported.

7 Likes

The Stormer in the game has 8 missiles stored, but in real life, we commonly see a configuration that carries at least 9 missiles, with 3 racks holding 3 missiles each.

new

Spoiler

2 Likes

Whoop! ONE whole extra missile! Yeeeaaaahh!!!

I found some sources stating that it can carry 20 missiles, with 8 ready to launch and 12 stowed. Also, this was the total given when the Stormer was suggested in the old forum.

These black things may be rubber to protect the missile tube:

6 Likes

Im doubthing the 10 11 and 12. First the chair, second how do you secure them?

1 Like

That makes sense. I just assumed because of the black thing, but it might not be possible to fit 3 missiles there. 9 stowed is more reasonable based on these images.

Keep them on their laps XD

2 Likes

i mean best case with the roadmap we are getting deployable replenish points for spaas etc

This will greatly benefit ADATS