Why is the Stormer HVM so bad?

That has nothing to do with it, the computer and tracker do the deed, missile just flies on the laser

2 Likes

I mean the UK Government didn’t want to admit it was useless incase the troops lost confidence in it and we couldn’t export it anymore…

4 Likes

No blowpipe was so good that it was just too unfair to use clearly

I watched a video the other day about it and I’m sure is was something along the lines of 76 aircraft engagements… 2 successful hits… UK government… Skill issue XD

Another thales document stating Stormer has autotracker

5 Likes

The sighting system is equipped with an Automatic
Target Tracking (ATT) system, a visual sight, a
high precision thermal infra red sight and the
STARSteak laser guidance module. This sighting
system is used to acquire, track and engage
target threats and the high degree of automation
provides a fire and forget system capability.
Outright states it here

iirc InterFleet reported that on the old Forum but it wasnt enough information to confirm that it really has it or how it works, dont remeber that well anymore.

Better to have 2 sources than one

1 Like

Fire and forget means in LOSBR missiles scenario, that you lock a target with a tracker and fire the missile. Computer does the rest, leading the missile so it hits.

@Gunjob will these 2 sources (both manufacturer)

be enough to get the auto tracking added?

It has auto tracking, I think you mean the FCS controlling the lead etc.

1 Like

Yea that, need to be more precise

1 Like

thank you for the explanation, even tho i didnt ask for it XD, i just said that i remember it being reported already but being rejected for some reason that i dont quite remember

Sooo, will that sufice for FCS leading or nah? Ignoring game limitations

Was tried previously and the devs said no.

well unlucky :/ maybe i will give it a shot? but not toaday

I mean i’d have to “not a bug” it and give you the same dev answer that was given last time haha.

Oh no, everything but Not a Bug

Devs said no m… ore than likely because they dunno how to code it… The star streaks having worked without it for years… Let alone throwing an automatic tracker into the mix lol XD

What did the devs say? I couldn’t find the ticket. I found this one Community Bug Reporting System that has a similar proposal, but it was closed due to lack of a source.