Why is the Stormer HVM so bad?

We will see. Im going for the LOSBR version, so no need for that.

What do you think guys?

Spoiler

10 Likes

Nice

I will wait a little longer and im submitting it

2 Likes

@Smin1080p i made the suggestion, now it is waiting for approval. Unless you want in on the bug report site, then i will copy it there.

1 Like

Yes, as a folder’d 2nd spawn, definitely need more than one spawn at high tier, i guess it gives you the option of do i engage planes or helicopters with the HVM

Definitely gets my vote.

Screenshot_20231225-132254~2
Some typos

Yea, i found and changed them after looking at the screens. The red lines under everything make it hard to find them
Oh, i did not added s after it, well, it is what it is.

check your spelling haha.

serious now, really good. link it and i’ll be voting for

Appears Ajax also got fwded to devs.

I did, trust me it was worse. The missing s from its is the only error. Also there is no link yet as it has to be approved by a sugg mod. Just the red line under everything makes me crazy. Thing that is supposed to mark errors marks everything

2 Likes

Yeah this in particular annoys me because it’s so patently obvious that a modern third generation thermal / optical combination tracking system should be able to filter out flares better than something like R-73s or AIM-9M which aren’t imaging systems.

Yet this massive blunder is so far down on the list of the Stormer HVMs problems it barely gets a mention. You could split the issues down the middle to “Issues with the missile” and “issues with the vehicle” and you’d still have far more issues than most new additions on each list, and Stormer HVM isn’t a new addition, it’s been here for years and they accidently or purposefully break it every so often.

4 Likes

I sometimes feel like Blowpipe wouldn’t seem so awful to someone getting it at the time if they were completely ignorant of Strela 2s and 3s and Redeyes already being in service and cheaper systems at the time.
But then I remember the reliability issues on top of that.

1 Like

The stormer is immune to all known countermeasures. There’s nothing more to be said it should only loose lock when the target is no longer visible.

For most this stuff i should just ask a family friend

7 Likes

Your family friend has an acces to stormer?

Oh, and i did something there

So then LOSBR is what it has now with the beam guidance and SALH has lead built in?

SALH is like a SARH, the missile gets a point where it is supposed to go, but takes its own route to do so(hellfire). LOSBR is beam riding(starstreak).

1 Like