Why is the R-73 so bad?

I think it might still bug out but not sure but it is very good missile

Can’t be worse than the r60 regardless. I have yet to play any mig29 so I don’t know. I’m not going to play that shitty FM after spading it on launch day

Yep , yet the Germans are again getting the better version that’s 1200 KG lighter lmao , with R-27Es Germans never had and with R-73. Russian bias bruh

SMT since release to this day is still garbage.

1 Like

Literally one of the main front page posts in this forum for a month now is Germany suffers. But complaining about 1 single lackluster plane is not allowed I guess :(

You already have the lightest and most maneuverable Mig-29 with R-27Es Germany never received? Bro is using a garbage 11.3 bomber as an excuse to cover the sun with mud lmao.

i don’t play German i play Britan my best fighter is a tornado you are moaning that your top tier jet is slightly worse then the germans which is the last good fighter they are gonna get till the eurofighter

1 Like

İt is allowed komred bekoz it is not Russian komred.

Reddit and forums will not downvote germans and amerikans getting the best. They even thought T-80B Vs 2A5/6 was balanced when the 2A5 was released. I remember facing 2A5 in my garbage TURMS, couldn’t even pen turret sides.

R-73 tracking has been fine since Mig-29SMT’s release.

Yet you claim those that have played it are “baiting” you.

You even call realism “fiction”. Claiming R-27E/R-73s don’t exist…

He’s talking about R-27E , are you incapable of reading? He highlighted it. He never even mentioned R-73 in his case.

Tornado F.3 isn’t a bomber lol

1 Like

I was talking about Germans so I naturally thought he was talking about Germans. Germans only got the bomber variant.

So am I; your point?
Not sure why you’re so adamant on removing R-27Es from 3 Mig-29s in an effort to reduce their BRs.
They’re fine where they are.

1 Like

Ok yeah fair enough,

Not 3 Mig-29s , only German variants.

Hatred? So when do i get Soviet F-5? Where is my MIG-29 with AIM-9M? Garbage accusations creating hate are by you. Stop accusing people of “hate” and stop virtue signaling.

E series R-27 is a 90s missile, when germany was completely in NATO and USSR was gone. Considering it is a Russian missile in Russian stocks it would be easy for them to adapt it to Russian MIG-29s, while germany did not ever get it from USSR.

3 Likes

And? 9.12s are still capable of firing them.
Soviets never possessed F-5s.

I’m not accusing anyone of anything.
If you feel my statements resonate with you, that is not my intention.

fictional hatred lmao

LMAO SURE

Soviet F-5

But sweden can get MI-28A they used for a test drive for less than 60 minutes only once , it is ok when it is not in Russian tree :)

1 Like

The R-27E series was adopted by the Russian military in the 1990s.

Development and testing of the missile was happening as early as 1983. German reunification began in 1989 and was completed in 1991.

Aside from balancing (the primary reason for the german mig to get it) I can see how an argument can be made that the years are close enough to “headcanon” East GER getting the R-27ER1.