Why is the M1 Abrams and the M1 KVT at 10.3?

Because it reduces alot of the post-pen on an already weak M735 round that does very little of it. I could be misremembering but I remember seeing a T-72A just absorb the whole round/not do much at all. Really was not fun lol

Typical

I agree with M735 being anemic, but the issue is with its nearly non existent post pen spall. But M774 usually heavily cripples or oneshots when it penetrates.

1 Like

ERA on the outside of a tank doesn’t affect the post pen damage done to the interior of the tank. I’ve used M735 alot against 10.0-10.3 Russian tanks, and it isn’t hard to use if it is aimed well.

I wish it had more spalling, especially against Leopards, and other NATO tanks. Russian tanks aren’t the issue.

1 Like

I feel like its the opposite for me so far, the M1 Abrams only became good for me once I unlocked M774, buying the Click-Bait I feel much more powerful and have had a couple of games with 5+ kills consistently and good WR. About to unlock the M1A1 though so we’ll see.

“Typical”? So it means more people stated the same?

My idea behind the whole first statement was so suggest you that your idea of moving the specified vehicle to 10.0 or 9.7 is out of hand considering its performance in downtiers and its capability, If my whole intention was to insult you I have said more.

1 Like

then you could have made your statement with out the insult in it.

Ok.

1 Like

Still doesn’t change the fact that it can be easily disabled with the exposed turret ring that’s been acknowledged and still no response for 6months now.

The Hull protection haven’t seen any improvements whatsover it’s literally copy and paste.

If they “fix” the turret ring, where’s the new weakspot to people on downtier shoot at?

The LFP is a black hole for shells, you most of the time only will kill the driver and the commander will take its place.

1 Like

Oh don’t get me wrong, Leopards are even worse. I can shoot the side of one and it still has time to fire back at me and kill me. Even in my T-80, Leopards are annoying to deal with at times.

What’s your point? are you saying the turret ring weakspot should stay?

You could say the same about the leopard 2’s. The breech and hull will still be a weakspot. Even the turret ring just not as much, if they fix it and harder to aim at.

Yes,

As I also said, where people would shoot at but the turret ring. If they remove, reinforce or whatever you suggest to fix this issue with Abram’s turret ring, would easily move up BR (the first one) and as the LFP still a black hole,

In this scenario he only way really is killing the driver over and over again or in a risky way, flank the Abrams, which is something hard to do since it got a good maneuverability.

2 Likes

You just saying nonsense at this point, the hull is still a vulnerable spot to shoot at which is a guaranteed kill.

The turret ring weakspot should get fixed and nothing would change this fact.

1 Like

Of course is:

4 Likes

I bet this problem would be fixed these days, but the actual issues wouldn’t get looked at for years.

1 Like

I bet anything will be fixed but something really critical. There’s a lot of bugs persisting until this day and one of the worst is volumetric related. (Like Kontakt-1 ERA eating explosion power from AGM, the Abrams hull eating spall and many others)

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with the M1 Abrams or M1 KVT at 10.3. They do not need more powerful rounds either. Giving them more powerful rounds has the potential to increase their BR to 10.7 which would actually make them turds at that point. I understand uptiers are hard in these tanks, but that pretty much goes with every tank in game with the current compression. The days of having MBTs at 10.0 is pretty much gone, except for Russia. You can’t touch that golden pay to win line up at 10.0…

If you hate the turret ring weakness on the Abrams wait till you play the 120S. It is 10x worse.

The Striker is a different class of vehicle and comparing it to MBTs really isn’t a fair comparison. The only thing holding it back is its lack of depression.

The M60 AMBT, if the Turms stays at 10.0 then so can it.

Nice bro, but i think we should move to 8.7 so it faces its historical enemies

1 Like