Why is the is-6 in 7.7?

Genuinely, there is no reason for it to be in 7.7. It is a 6.7 at max. You have less armor then 99% of the things you fight, with way less pen then anything else you fight. As 99% of the matches you get into are 8.0-8.7. Dont give the bull shit like “If iTs iN 6.7 SHeRmAns WIlL FiGhT iT” no they wont, and it wouldnt even matter as the is-6 is still easy to kill with the 76 sherman. Most 6.7 vehicles will decimate the IS-6 and that is factual info.

1 Like

lol lmao even.
It has similar to armor to other heavies at 7.7, and a perfectly serviceable gun.

14 Likes

it has insanely good armor at its BR bracket more than other 7.7’s and its capable of stopping quite a lot of stuff frontally, i have yet to penetrate it with APHE frontally

7 Likes

What even is this thread. I don’t have the IS-6 but if that thing goes to 6.7 then I guess the IS-2 1944 goes to 5.3 and the IS-2 1943 to 5.0? This is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard right up there with the “MiG-29 to Germany” thread a while back.

8 Likes

Okay… now me mentioning it has serviceable armor was directly to avoid that false claim.
Maus, IS-4M, Conqueror, T-10A, and T32E1 have more armor than IS-6.

And of course you have M103 with similar armor.
AMX-50 Surbaisse with inferior armor.

As for APHE, that’s the spot I penned them though I stopped going for that spot in the last year cause it’s better to just flank.

2 Likes

Bait used to be believable

15 Likes

T32E1 and IS6 all suffered such kinds of issue, such kind of heavy tanks all overvalued, and just because added a useless new shell. They should be back to 7.3, however before the BR extends, We can’t add more pain for 6.7-6.3( imagine using that against M26 or Jagpanther), of course there are some better tanks at same BR, which also happened on other nations, like France or British, IS6 should not be same as IS4M or T10A, it should be same as IS3, becuase its armor is worse, the turret armor is only 200mm, which can be pen by 88mm or 105mm aphe…

1 Like

the spot its prone to volumetrics you tend to forget that, at the point where i have shot with a maus and the shell just got stuck in there, it has happened to me enough times that i havent penetrated it i just normally go for the cannon at that point and then i rush and go to the side

3 Likes

The IS-6 is fine at 7.7. Its a decently mobile heavy with good reverse speed and great rounds. You play like a medium in uptiers, play like a heavy in same tier or downtiers.

1 Like

One side of the turret cheek can be penned by Tiger’s 2 88mm, Jagtiger/Maus 128, T29 or tutel APHE, but the issue is the weakspot is credit card size.

1 Like

Such kind of way can be used for many heavy tanks. Great rounds? 230mm pen with 15-16s reload time, almost no chance for the second shot, think about what we have at this BR, MAUS, T10A, SAMUS… and it’s poor gun depression, it can’t perform like a medium tank, same issue with T32E1, the armor at this BR is not reliable, you cant always against with tiger 2 or M26, the armor is not enough, especially for HEAT and APDS, think about T10A, almost everything better than IS6.

1 Like

Eh, your loss.

Nah.

It’s fine at 7.7, it has incredibly good hull armour, and great turret armour outside of a tiny weakspot that’s prone to not working.

You are wrong.

1 Like

If these Shermans have a hard time fighting Tiger IIs by what stupid logic of yours would the Shermans have a fun time fighting IS-6s.

3 Likes

Yummy full uptier nuke in my all 7.7 heavy lineup

3 Likes

mutahar-laugh

3 Likes

if you have a hard time fighting tigers in a 76 sherman your just bad

1 Like

Lmao. I’m sorry, but aren’t you the one struggling to use an IS-6? Also I don’t play Shermans, that is just what the community generally agrees on.