Why is Gaijin scared of doing longer range, longer duration Ground maps

This is true to a degree but I could link to so many posts from players with more games than I have had saying what a nosedive this game has taken lately.
I have not witnessed such wanton map destruction as I have seen over the last 8 months

That is opinon, not fact. The player count is still strong, and gaijin isnt showing any signs of stopping. Like I said, there have been people saying that the game is getting worse for many many years now, but people keep playing and keep coming back. There is always something that can be improved that people complain about, and it changes over time. Go back 5 years and you will find the exact same posts saying basically the same things.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I do agree with Normandy and American Desert. They somehow managed to make Fields of Normandy worse, and I’m not a fan of the newer cap placement on Normandy. American desert had all fanking routes removed, and it is just not enjoyable to play on. All the other maps you mentioned only had changes for certain variants, or changes that were both positive and negative. Mozdok had a spawncamping spot removed, the small version of Tunisia got better and the bigger one got worse, I’m neutral on the poland changes, Jungle hasn’t changed that much, and what changed on 38th paralell?

@Panther2995 I do not enjoy playing arcade.

Very sussy considering your opinion on current map designs.

Just because I think Gaijin is awful at designing good large maps doesn’t mean I play arcade. I like Maginot and Fulda for example, but I am against adding maps larger than what we currently have. GRB isn’t set up properly to support a map of that size.

It may be a fact that there are unhappy people, but what they are unhappy about, others may be happy about, that is what is opinion, not everyone can be pleased as you know. Go check the reddit from 5 years ago, or 7, you will see the exact same posts.

1 Like

Mozdok had nearly a quarter of the map removed that is pathetic.It was map you both won and lost on ,it was perfectly fine and I enjoyed it form both sides.
38th parallel was most of the high level sniping spots gone so now the hills are mostly pointless,its just a game in a narrow valley.
Jungle again lost the high sniping positions.

all the maps are becoming the same.

1 Like

There are always those who cant cope on a map but not War Thunder butchering their own maps with lazy red all over them .

1 Like

Any tanks in top tier can do that in general

Again, how is that relevant to the current topic? Don’t be going and pulling an AlvisWisla on me now…

1 Like

You can set other users to ignore you know and not have to see their …input.

Please Point to where the misleading ads state the game is a strategy game. Cause all of them just say “You should join cause massive battles are occurring all over”. It never implies that it is a strategy game.

The ones who want the game to be such created a false mentality of what they think the game should be. But almost all of them fail to comprehend that, what they want is not possible. However Gaijin shouldn’t be shrinking maps that is for sure. Longer Durations, no thanks cause even when the matches were longer, it didn’t do much, most of that time was us waiting to see which side pushes first, while both creep slowly to one another via the flanks. Symbiol is to represent the most common tactic done on certain maps. Not design with it in mind.

Please read my post more slowly instead of speed reading it, Civilisation is marketed as a strategy game as said, Gaijin and Wargaming advertise as team battle matches as said.
No misleading adds although I would question the extremely loose definition of team, throwing crabs in a bucket does not make Team Crab the world champions.
Longer games with a longer timer would look like Wargaming World of Tanks e-sport thing they had (maybe still do) where bugger all happened apart from a little scouting and tentative pushing, until the last five minutes or so when it descended into your average Warthunder zerg rush game.

1 Like

This is correct.

The first part is not correct, we know what Gaijin’s Game catalog is. So we do still have traces, it was just removed that’s it. The game as i stated was never advertised as a fast pace, it wasn’t advertised as a slow pace either. It was advertised as a team-based.

The Game used to be longer, a lot of us who have been playing for 6, 7, or since the beginning all can confirm this. WT back then is far different than what it is now.

1 Like

Yeah im with you on this too, and I don’t think it’s a skill issue. It’s 1000% because the game is built for the slower early tanks and the fact they can’t go as far as fast. But I definitely feel like cold war on need bigger longer range maps. When in 11.7 my M1a2 SEP has miles of range and almost certainly can get a sight line on the enemy spawn in 30 seconds. It’s just not fun on the really small maps where you rush out and just spawn camp from across the map.

Because unfortunately, the majority of players do not want this.
They want short, quick, frontal rush engagement battles and get out quickly and jump into another one.#

Majority will only use 1 or 2 vehicles then leave once they die.

They legitimately are not in the match because they want to enjoy the match or gameplay, they just there to get quick kills and jump out.

The overwhelming majority of the playerbase do this and play like this.

Fun battles with strategy and sustained engagements etc is NOT their priority.

Just do what I do - play less…

I got fed up. A good analogy would be playing a game of cricket with your team but then you look around and they are all actually playing hopscotch.

1 Like