Why gaijin make big maps

Oh yeah, of course they dont. People getting annoyed by playing the BS maps encourages them to buy premiums to get it over with quicker. Gaijin’s only ever cared about the money, never player enjoyment.

1 Like

Learn to rangefind

2 Likes

Big maps with long range engagements should be the rule, as most of WW2 Armor engagements were in ranges over 700m IRL. Close quarters were very limited to city sieges and a few cherrypicked scenarios, in modern vehicles, CQBs are non existent, as Engineer companies/CAS/Artillery are capable to deal with armor and render armor vs armor engagements as fiction nowadays, even for medium ranges. CQB is immensely overrated by this community and i genuinely don’t know why.

However, Gaijin in their wisdom provides a generous amount of map layouts and capture zones in order to artificially improve the Eastern platforms performance with only a handful of maps with aggresive depression angles, and the rest having small changes in height.
Most of maps and their capture zones are related to CQB, that goes well with their designs, as you can check with their doctrines.

4 Likes

I like big maps and I want bigger maps.

8 Likes

u just skill issue

There is, it’s called the map ban feature.

1 Like

Braindead comment, think for two seconds what banning 1 map does relative to a map pool of 30-50+

1 Like

You do realize there’s more than one person in match, right?

1 Like

And???

2 Likes

Each every one of those players can ban a map.

1 Like

Yep. Which is precisely why we’re very unlikely to get more than one map ban. A 32-player lobby can already ban 32 maps from the rotation; increasing this to even just two or three would result in 64 or 96 maps banned, potentially leaving no maps at all for a match to be placed on.

1 Like

Vietnam small map is crap AF, nobody likes to play it fr

On the other hand, bigger version of vietnam is literal fire, like one of the best maps, no cap

3 Likes

even if maps are big gaijin still forces you to fight in the city areas or right in the middle of the map by putting capture points there

2 Likes

As top tier tanks player yeah i do want big map

1 Like

Funny fact is that most maps are build in 4km x 4km format, just GJ constantly shrinks playable area and forcing more and more pitchfork battles.

3 Likes

Rhine is genuinely the most well designed ma0 in the entire game.

Many other city maps are full of only buildings, and only right angles. Rhine is different because you can go between buildings, and there is is much more cover than any other map. It is an incredibly good map, despite its size.

Smaller maps aren’t all bad, bigger maps aren’t all good. Rhine is good, Sun city and Sweden are bad. Sinai and Mozodok are good, but Fire arc is bad.

Bigger maps are incompatible with war thunders current gamemodes. They require you to do cqc to capture points, and camping is awful on larger maps.

2 Likes

Isnt Rhine that one where it turns into spawncamping clusterfuck ninety percent of the time?

2 Likes

yes and its tiny. the smales of all maps. its utter crap. Maybe brarreble at low tier ut the second you get in to high tir its a crap.

3 Likes

This still is not preveting people to just leave a map they dont like. I do that. When I see a tiny map or CQC map I leave and wait 8-mins or even longer. I play sim so waiting 15 mins or longer for a match is normal and I rather leave thens suffer crap maps.

1 Like

Rhine is one of the better small maps, though its only really good at WW2 BRs. Its horrible above ~8.0 and yet is still played at top tier where its almost unplayable levels of bad. Both sun city and sweden suck, I completely agree. Most of the other city maps are also awful. I hate Alaska, Breslau, test site 2771, Seversk, the small version of Holland is honestly one of the worst designed maps in the entire game (though the big version you only see at high tier is okay).

I dont mind fire arc, though that map is sort of just a lot of driving before a big CQB fight at B and then the losing team gets spawncamped so I agree its not a good map. In this situation I find that I am so starved for larger maps that ill take anything I can get even if its technically a poorly designed map.