Why does the Nelson seem to lose compartments so fast?

Is it just me or does the Nelson battleship have its compartments go black from damage faster than any other ship?
I get into a fight with a Gneisenau. I lose 3 compartments before I can make a single one black.
VS a Nevada, same thing.
Vs a kronshtadt? I’m lucky to black one compartment before I’ve lost my unsinkability.

Some of these are even lower BR than the Nelson but the Nelson will generally lose a 1v1 against them, its armour always ends up being weaker, the Nelson rarely causes sinking, and you will sink after managing to ammo-rack them once and they sail on with no compartments meaningfully damaged. Not to mention the Nelson has a different aiming arc than Rodney and is forced to full broadside more than her sister ship cause who knows why.

I understand how to aim for their hull sides in realistic/EC, I adjust my aim to plunge into the belt and not just hit the deck, but even when you get those point-blank fights in EC the Nelson just never seems to take compartments out like its opponents.

What am I doing wrong? Or is the Nelson just modelled badly in another way on top of its bad gun fire arc?

I was in Rodney a few days ago and sunk due to unsinkability loss, whilst still at 90-95% crew and only taking a few salvos. Did feel kinda weird

And I’ve also faced a Nevada that didnt sink after 4x ammo rack explosions…

They really need to make things more consistent

1 Like

Yeah it’s near impossible to die to crew loss on Nelson, she rarely takes meaningful crew losses. But the compartments die off as if you’re made of paper.

Also it appears that Rodney actually does have a better firing arc then Nelson because Nelson has these tiny AA gunners that block the rear turret. Really stupid tbh and hurts the all-guns-forward layout.

1 Like

Because all guns forward is a stupid concept and it’s basically Carcinisation but for battleships and cruisers.

As for why they get knocked out so fast, it’s because many battleships have next to no sectional health with sections far larger than they should be. You would think 15k tons reserve buoyancy for the Yamatos - for example - would equate to being extremely difficult to flood to death but no.

All guns forward made sense specifically for the naval treaty restrictions, the problem is that they made two ships of the same class have literally different firing arcs so if you pay for Nelson you actually get shafted directly by gaijin by being forced to broadside more.