Why do the aim9l variant of the a10 ignore flares better than the later aim9l variant such as the one on f16?

it’s just crazy, i’m on the f4e and an f-16 launches an aim9l at me from rear aspect and 2km away; i cut afterburner, flare and fly to a side. Missile doesn’t track. Then when I pick a cold non afterburning aircraft like the su25 and an a10 launches an aim9l from 3km away it ends up hitting me after completely ignoring my flare path while I pop a flare, turn away while i throttle down from before flaring til the missile kills me. It’s not annecdotal, it’s factual. Every time an a10 launches an aim9l at me, regardless of the aspect, it’s going to hit. Regardless of my engine temp, regardless of my flare and defense pattern. Then the aim9l’s on the f-16s just blatantly miss everything.

I think this is more of a “skill” issue. You could try to look at replay to see what the missile is looking at and why it managed to hit you

4 Likes

the “skill issue” lies on? I did look at the replays, and they look like bullshit behavior by the a10’s missile. Where is the skill issue on getting struck by an aim9l from further away from a slower plane on your way colder aircraft with flares specifically placed to defeat american missiles?

Skill issue, speed makes a massive difference when the missile leave the rail, so you need to maneuver actually.

2 Likes

huh?

2 Likes

Skill issue

2 Likes

Its literally the same missile on both aircrafts you donut…

3 Likes

it is not. There are two aim9l variants in this game. One has huge gimbal angle, the other not.

Correct. The AIM-9Li on the F4F KWS LV is a different variant

aim9li is coming with the f-4f which is to be added to live server. If I recall there were already two aim9l variants, one with an improved gimbal limit.

Skill issue

:)

Unironically give zero fucks about my stats, especially since I play mostly AB.

2 Likes

Nope. All aim-9Ls are the same.

(Edit)
Did not realize this was you mantis.
Everyones least favorite bait spammer

1 Like

Oh you play AB

womp womp x2, you still don’t even have jets (and your kd is bad too)

and mantis still has a point (except when he says stuff like two aim9l’s in game)

You forgot to change accounts

2 Likes

Skill issue ))))))))))))))))))))))))

1 Like

Babe wake up,another Mantis cope thread dropped.

3 Likes

Ur just mad we’re right XD

Don’t know if you realized this, but every comment says skill issue XD.

Hey mantis, would you mind giving the replay’s so we can see what you see? While I side with the people saying both missiles are the same, I do want to check myself in case there is a difference.

There is no second AIM-9L that is used in game, these are the only all aspect AIM-9s in game that are used.