Why are the new sales PC only

Why are the new sales PC only, i dont see aby logical reason for it. I waited for this sale for 6 months just to get backstapped by this, screw you gaijin.

1 Like

It’s because consoles have their own sales schedule. Idk how/when it is on PSN, but on Xbox I know that the summer sale for Xbox is generally a few weeks after the PC sale. You also could join the WT group and get alerted when a sale happens. Idk if that’s the same on PSN.

2 Likes

It is your console manufacturers. Gaijin can only do so much when the console manufacturers will not agree to house those sales. Complain to your console manufacturer.

1 Like

so then why can’t we buy it on their website for the sale and the Gajin store and be able to use it on console it makes no sense?

It does make sense because the console manufacturers own the account used to access Warthunder from the console. Gaijin has to give Microsoft/Sony so much money from each transaction made on the consoles as compensation for Microsoft/Sony hosting the game on their console. You can’t buy directly from Gaijin because Microsoft/Sony wants their money since you are accessing the game on their hardware with their software.

Please, use PC to play War Thunder, using console is not worth it.

1 Like

Lol real

Console manufacturers (Microsoft and Sony) impose that all purchases (and sales) be done THROUGH their official store (inside the PSN/Xbox system) so they can control the process and be sure to get their “cut”.

The game is free…so they get their “income” from those sales…
BTW…PS5 consoles have a minimal (some say negative) profit…Sony income comes from subscriptions and games. So they are very territorial. If all games were “free” and content was purchased on-line, Sony would get zero :)

2 Likes

@ ultimate-zappy@psn

After reading the replies people have given to your original statement, it would be wise for you to readdress your original post and or reply a response.

Sometimes its not as black as white as it seems, have a little patience you will get your sales soon enough

Be Patient, or buy a PC.

PC’s are so much different to consoles. Consoles are limited. PC comes first, which is actually logical if you were to think about it.

The game code is written on PC’s, the 3D models are built on PC’s, the graphics engine is written on PC’s, etc, etc, etc. That way, PC’s naturally get things first. So that way they can start making money from PC players while they adapt the coding for crappy consoles from XBOX and Playstation. When the game code is dumbed down and it is finally ready for the consoles, they will release your sales through the official console market places. A lot of companies will co-ordinate so they release ALL sales for all platforms at the same time, some do not. Maybe WT has decided not to.

Remember, no matter the game company or what the game is called, EVERYTHING is written on a PC, then adapted and dumbed down for consoles. It’s not an insult to consoles, it’s the truth.

PC technology does not stand still and new hardware is available all the time. Consoles get updated if and when Microsoft and XBOX want to launch a new console. As an example, before the current generation of consoles, PC’s were running much better DDR5 graphics years before DDR5 came out in consoles. Not sure about consoles these days, but are they even running DDR6 graphics yet??? I’ve had DDR6 grahics in my PC for years now.

1 Like

Wow, thats a lot of words not related to why there isnt a sale on Xbox/PlayStation

A lot of it isn’t even true.

As to why its just because Microsoft and Sony funnel sales through their proprietary plattform.

2 Likes

I didn’t have to say that bit because it’s already been mentioned above by someone else, and I would only have been repeating, and it only goes to the market places - on whatever platform - when it’s ready. Most software companies only release when all platforms are ready to go at the exact same time, but it’s not law, they don’t have to if they don’t want to. It could be various reasons, not just 1. In the past, I have seen sales come out at different times on different platforms. Mostly only by a couple of weeks apart. I always try to think about things logically, thinking about all possibilities. How do you know their sales departments are not as big as you think and like to concentrate on 1 platform at a time. It’s not anything to change the way the game works, it’s just a sale.

I made no claim about Gaijin not having time or. Like to concentrate on one plattform

Still need to organize to set up the sale on 3 different plattforms. And im not familiar with how that is handled on xbox and PlayStation, im just really referencing what has previously been said By Gaijin. Exact reason as to why its not some simultaneous sale idk, the catalyst anyways is:

Also as far as changing how the game works, Warthunder runs over DirectX. Which means “no changes” Between xbox and pc anyways.

What is your problem numb nuts? What is you major malfulction?

You are a typical example of the toxic people on these forums, who think they can start on anyone they don’t agree with. You read my original post and attacked me. Are you just a complete arsehole or are you on your time of the month? So you might not agree… thats no reason to start insulting and attacking people. Are you a sociopath or a paranoid schizophrenic? You seem like it. You think that because you are basically anonomous, you can insult who you want from behind your keyboard.

Do you know the word in the dictionary that applies to people like you who do not accept anyone elses opinions but their own? Look it up - the word is BIGOT.

DirectX

Close, but no cigar:

The basic chain of communication is: Game → DirectX → drivers → hardware
There are options other than DirectX such as OpenGL and Vulkan. Even DirectX itself has multiple versions(dx9 dx10 dx11 dx12 etc), some of which are significantly different than others. There are other options but direct X is the most used. DirectX is Windows software. Windows is an operating system, and the way it draws pictures on the screen is that it requires that you add a “driver” which is a piece of software that tells Windows how to send messages to the graphics card to make it draw stuff on the screen.

DirectX talks to the graphics driver. It considers all the different ways that different graphics cards work and makes a simpler generic way to tell them to do complicated things, like draw 3D images. If you are writing a game, you don’t need to know anything about the advanced features of the graphics card or how to program it, you just use DirectX which will figure out what you want to do and how to get the graphics card to do it. Using DirectX means that people can use any graphics card they want, and the programmer doesn’t really have to care about which one they chose or how it works although, they still have certain requirements.

DirectX doesn’t tell the game how many lives you have, or how much money you have, or how much the repairs to vehicles cost, or how much to add on for RP or SL bonus’s to add to your score, etc, etc,

Thank you for re-iterating the fact Warthunder runs on DirectX.

Also good that noone made that claim.

Still no sale on console. Ugh. I just went ahead and bought the AMX-30 Super at full price a few days ago, since it wouldn’t have been on sale anyway and I’m not far from top tier France.

I wish but i’m fucking broke lol I have had the same xbox for 8 years know and I think it might be cooked after next update because of all the things it will have to run. Crashes all the time with about 95 ARH in the sky at once