As the title states, I’m genuinely curious when our lord the snail, will bless us with some Helicopter damage model reworks.
Currently some feel too tanky, such as the AH-1G.
Others feel too weak, like the Mi-24s.
Since helicopters aren’t played super often, just as bombers weren’t.
What priority should Gaijin take to have a helicopter DM rework? (10 being top priority)
While they are fixing the Damage model, should they also fix the rewards so you can actually research helis better and earn silver using them?
1 Like
you again? complaining that the american heli is too powerful and the russian one too weak?
I would ask that you at least provide specific reasoning to why you think this.
I used to have various clips of AH-1Gs tanking 100mm AP rounds, a slew of 35mm and so on.
Although not super potent, I think the grb compression doesn’t help. And if grb, got decompressed so could helis a bit. (See my ground br thread for my thoughts on that, at the bottom).
Not to mention, at least historically the Mi-24s could withstand 12.7 AP all over if they’re 1 km away.
In game, I’ve had instances of shooting down an mi-24 with just a mere 7.62 from a Leo 2a4.
And I’ve also been shot at by a 12.7 and had one round skim the button of the hull at a severe angle, pierce through, and kill all avionics meaning my weaponry was useless and I had to go back and land.
Not to mention there is other small helis like the German started heli (can’t recall its name rn) that tanks a lot of damage.
I used to have a pretty good clip of shooting one straight in the cockpit through the engine and so on with a FV4030 and it just had an “oil leak” flew back and landed lol.
Historical claims and documents for all would be sweet to have.
Also if you’re going to start with this nonsense you can have the door.
whats a heli DM update going to do
1 Like
but why? they will get cooked by AA and planes anyway right?
All helicopters should have a more proper and stronger Structural integrity than its currently implemented in war thunder.
But have helis survived in rare times like bombers?
You mean in real life? Sometimes, Helicopters in real life depends on type and variant have significantly more structural integrity and Model damage resistance than its Counterpart in war thunder, Which it does not reflect its operational role and defensive capability in war thunder in a honest way.
1 Like
Other than direct missile hits, yes.
KA-52s which are in affect Ka-50s, hinds, and even Huey’s have all taken considerable damage and returned to their basses.
I’ve seen a KA-52 which took 23mm rounds and returned.
A Huey which took 12.7 and 14.5mm rounds.
(Mind you these aren’t first person accounts since I wasn’t there)
I think it would be more important to give some helicopters proper modules, even some placeholders would be better than just the engine and a fuel tank.
2 Likes
I have literally never experienced what you’re talking about.
I dont play american helis because I always catch stray 7.62s and my pilot dies.
most helis are not tanky at all. Sure theres the hind and the absolute absurdity of china but nah they are fine now that they have IR signatures modelled.
They do?
Does HIRSS and IRCM finally work on the Mi-24Vs and so on?
Because before, they were like the sun, an Fim-92 launched at you and you were gone.